Director Sector Engagement at Education New Zealand, Auckland/Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ko wai mātou - Who are we
Education New Zealand - Manapou ki te Ao (ENZ), is a Crown Agency responsible for international education. Our mission is to deliver enduring social, cultural, and economic benefits to Aotearoa, by taking New Zealand education experiences to the world.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga - The nature of the position
We have an exciting position based in either Auckland or Wellington to lead a team to proactively work with education sector customers to identify where to focus ENZ growth and development initiatives and investment to enable effective growth of the sector. This will involve identifying and evaluating the current and future needs of the sector to develop strategic commercial, political, and business development initiatives which strengthen the international education sector.
Reporting to the General Manager Sector Engagement, the Director Sector Engagement will lead the development and execution of the annual sector engagement strategy with the team to ensure visibility, alignment, and support. They will also be a key contributor to international activity plans, ensuring these are aligned with sector plans, and identify opportunities and work to assess and propose new initiatives which build on existing plans.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an organisation with a diverse and vibrant workplace culture, where new ideas, agility and creative thinking are welcomed.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako - Essential skills/experiences for the role
To be successful in this role you will have:
- 7+ years' experience in customer and business development/engagement in complex systems with experience in leading successful business development teams
- A high degree of commercial acumen with demonstrated success in business development
- Proven leadership and management experience, including providing thought leadership, recommending, and implementing system and operational enhancements, and influencing decision-making at a senior level
- Proactive and opportunistic with proven strategic ability to bring together disparate information points to develop insights, new ways of thinking and direction to achieve objectives and impact
- Well-developed and proactive approach to problem-solving, sound judgement and decision-making
- Experience leading and developing high performing teams
- Demonstrable ability to organise self and successfully lead a team to achieve work programme, meet deadlines and manage conflicting deadlines and requirements in a dynamic work environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship management skills with a collaborative style of engagement
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Understanding and knowledge of New Zealand's international education sector, particularly how international education delivers beyond economic value is desirable but not essential
Te tono - How to apply
To view the position description and to apply, please visit our careers website: careers.enz.govt.nz Remember to attach a covering letter that outlines why you are interested in the position and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the role.
Please indicate in your application that you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on Monday 16 January 2023 at 9.00 am NZT.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education New Zealand|
|Attachment:||Director Sector Engagement - PD.pdf (PDF, 267KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.