General Manager Sector Services at Education New Zealand, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
As part of our Senior Leadership Team, we're looking for a General Manager to lead our newly created Sector Services Group. This Group is accountable for providing leadership to the International Education sector through the provision of a targeted suite of sector services that enable the delivery of our strategic priorities. Education New Zealand Manapou ki te Ao has an increased and deliberate focus on supporting the rebuild and resilience of the sector.
Ko wai mātou - Who are we
Education New Zealand Manapou ki te Ao is a Crown Agency responsible for international education. Our mission is to deliver enduring social, cultural, and economic benefits to Aotearoa, by taking New Zealand education experiences to the world.
Te āhua o Te Tūrunga - The nature of the position
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, this permanent full-time role is accountable for the delivery of wider education sector support and services. This includes opportunities for scholarships that support the education export and student attraction strategy, building relationships and leverage off Alumni, and delivering large key events. The position is also part of the Senior Leadership Team and is expected to drive the creation and maintenance of a performance and results-driven culture, demonstrate collective leadership and decision-making, and is a role model for Ngā Manapou, Education New Zealand Manapou ki te Ao's internal values and behaviours.
Ngā tino Pūkenga/Wheako - Essential skills/experiences for the role
This is a unique leadership opportunity to make a difference in a global organisation and it requires:
- Credibility within the sector, following at least five years' work experience at a senior level within the education industry
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a senior leadership team, with capability in providing thought leadership, facilitating discussions, and influencing decision-making at a senior level
- Proven ability to demonstrate strategic abilities, including leading and driving the development and implementation of market development and communication strategies, preferably in an international context, as well as effective business plans
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to organise self and teams to achieve work programmes, meet deadlines and manage conflicting deadlines and requirements
- Business acumen and tertiary qualification in business, or related discipline
Te tono - How to apply
To view the position description and to apply, please visit our careers website: http://careers.enz.govt.nz. Remember to attach a covering letter that outlines why you are interested in the position and your CV which highlights your skills, knowledge, and experience relevant to the role.
Please indicate in your application that you are legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
Applications close on: 9am, Wednesday 25 May 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Education New Zealand|
|Category:||Chief executives & general managers|
|Attachment:||GM Sector Services - Position Description.pdf (PDF, 320KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.