Platform Manager - Enquire at Ministry for the Environment, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō mātou | About Waste & Resource Efficiency
Tackling waste, improving waterways and ecosystems, and reducing emissions are growing challenges in Aotearoa New Zealand, with major implications for our environment, economy and how we live our lives.
Great strides are being made to improve our public waterways, and to minimise waste and climate impacts through several public investment and regulatory programmes. These programmes include Jobs for Nature, the Freshwater Improvement Fund, the Waste Minimisation Fund and Plastics Innovation Fund, and Fast-track Resource Consenting to name a few. Our Waste & Resource Efficiency group contribute to and lead some of these work programmes.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About this role
Efficient and effective management of these programmes and major regulatory functions is critical to our success in protecting the environment. This new role plays an important part in ensuring that success by leading Ministry-wide platform and product management for Enquire™.
Beginning in 2020, the Ministry introduced Enquire™, a cloud-based software as a service platform provided by Tactiv Pty Ltd. Enquire is a case management tool for grant, contract, regulatory and impact reporting. While initially introduced to support Fast Track Consenting and the Waste Minimisation Fund, it is now used by two divisions and four separate departments across the Ministry, in a combination of unique or shared platform tenancies. There are 75+ Ministry staff with licenses, and hundreds of external customers now using the system. By 2025 there will be over $1B in investment funds or regulatory levies managed through the product.
The product has been managed to date by a working group of business owners, but with new implementations of Enquire for different functions, we recognised the need for ongoing management and product ownership across the platform. In this role you will oversee product delivery capacity and performance, manage business risks, and ensure product optimisation through holding (and proactively managing) the key relationship with the vendor. You will work with business units and with the support of a systems specialist business analyst to maximise customer benefits and drive ongoing improvements. This role will sit in the Waste Investment Directorate but will be accountable to a cross-Ministry Governance Group established for the management and governance of Enquire.
It's an exciting time for us and you can play a part in the transformation of how we deliver our programmes and regulatory functions at scale. You will work alongside a dedicated and skilled team of people who are knowledgeable about Enquire™, but who are equally passionate about our environment.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- Experience leading, planning and managing successful business change or policy / product implementation projects including procurement planning
- Experience leading a role as Contract Manager and holding key business relationship with the vendor, maintaining oversight of all contracts, variations and expenditure
- Ability to monitor Service Level Agreement in cooperation with IT Service Delivery Manager/s; including monitoring annual usage of account support by business units; licensing, hosting, infrastructure, and performance agreements
- Product management and ownership, you will work with systems specialists / BAs to forecast and monitor future business requirements, feature backlog & pipeline (JIRA) and product roadmap development with ability lead vendor negotiation
- Programme manage development of new Enquire based projects across the Ministry – business units will provide their own PMs and BAs, but you will maintain oversight; or in some circumstances project manage smaller cross-tenancy feature enhancements
- Able to be key liaison with the Ministry's Information & Technology Group as a bridge between front-end business units' user requirements, and the system
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse programme team and stakeholders at all levels, including functional leads, business analysts and business owners
Other capabilities that may help you succeed in this role:
- Highly developed negotiating, influencing and communication skills
- A solid understanding, and practical application of project management methodologies – a project management qualification PMP or CAPM, PRINCE2 Certified Practitioner, Agile Scrum Master, highly desirable
- Experience in the establishment and implementation of investment funds or regulatory functions is a plus
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and the ability to manage competing deadlines
- Cultural capability, including a commitment to actively build skills in te ao Māori
The salary range for this role is $132,139 to $161,502 per annum. Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Mō mātou | About us
The Ministry's purpose - He taiao tōnui mō ngā reanga katoa - a flourishing environment for every generation.
- a flexible by default approach to support your work-life balance
- agile working, allowing you variety and challenges across the organisation as we work as ‘One MfE'
- generous leave entitlements
- training to competently and effectively engage with Māori as our Treaty Partner, this includes te reo me ona tikanga Māori courses
- active social club and employee networks, including a Māori staff network
- opportunities for development and education.
A key priority for the Ministry is Te Ao Māori. This means we work with our Treaty partner to advance Māori priorities for the environment and for environmental success. We will be confident and coordinated in our ongoing engagement with Māori and lead the natural resources system in engaging for success with tangata whenua. We will grow our capability and capacity to accurately reflect Māori views in our work. An organisational priority is that we accurately reflect Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Te Ao Maori into our everyday work, by living our Te Ao Hurihuri Strategy through capability and capacity building.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role.
If you require further information about this position, please contact Duncan Turnbull at Duncan.email@example.com. If you require a copy of the position description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The desired location for this role is Auckland or Wellington however we are open to receiving applications from alternate locations. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at email@example.com if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
MfE's COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees who come to our offices, work at non-MfE offices (this does not include remote workers working from home) or interact with the public in the course of their work must be fully vaccinated. During the application process you will be asked to provide details of your vaccination status, and depending on the nature of your work, you may be asked to provide evidence of your Vaccine Pass prior to an offer being made.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: midnight Sunday 29th May 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachment:||Position Description Enquire Platform Manager Apr 22.pdf (PDF, 546KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.