Public Relations Manager at Tourism New Zealand, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Full-time, Fixed term parental leave role
- Based in Auckland
Tourism New Zealand is a well-respected leader in destination marketing. Our purpose is to enrich Aotearoa New Zealand, and all who visit. We promote the 100% Pure New Zealand brand to the world, attracting people to visit our beautiful country, the ultimate destination. Post COVID-19 we have a very important role, to accelerate tourism's recovery and transition to a more sustainable, productive, and inclusive future
What will you be doing | Ngā whainga
This is a fixed term role responsible for increasing preference for New Zealand as an international and domestic visitor destination by leading and managing our global PR-led storytelling. The role leads and manages our PR content development for global and local market campaigns and is a key strategic creator - of engaging, compelling, differentiating, PR content to drive appeal and preference for destination New Zealand through earned channels.
The role is responsible for creating global PR campaign ways of working which provides a consistent approach to how PR fits holistically into the consumer journey and helps to deliver on both the Brand and Portfolio Strategies.
You will seek, create and share the best New Zealand destination stories to increase brand fame, love and appeal around the world. You will know how to leverage relationships with high profile influencers, TV and film productions, major events, strategic partnerships and be the ultimate newshacker, taking advantage of breaking news or piggybacking on trending news topics to get us noticed. You love creative thinking, and your eyes and ears are tapped into what's happening in the world.
You'll lead a team of PR specialists and a content producer as well as have access to world-class agencies and a network of contributors. You'll also work with a team of incredible PR superstars in our offshore offices.
What you will need | Ngā pūkenga mō tēnei tūranga
- A tertiary qualification in journalism, marketing, content creation, public relations, and / or communications or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years experience working in public relations, marketing and content creation preferably in an international environment where you have been responsible for strategy and the delivery of complex multidisciplinary and integrated projects.
- Experience creating and delivering multimedia content
- A solid understanding of media channels including traditional, owned and social
- Thrive and experienced managing a team / network of content creators to deliver fast-turnaround news content.
- Experience with photography, videography, advanced written editing skills, content tools and software experience, website, and platform management.
- Creativity, innovation, bravery and keen to act as a challenger brand to take our place to New Zealand and the world.
Sound like you | Māu rānei
If you are a PR star with creativity, innovation and relationship building at your core, with a strong appetite for hustle and driving opportunities, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are a close-knit marketing team that is committed to doing extraordinary thing's. Become part of a fun, global whānau (family) who have shared goals of enriching Aotearoa NZ, industry and manuhiri and take the 100% Pure New Zealand brand to the world.
Our Marketing team embraces a flexible working arrangement, which means balancing time working in the office and working from home.
How to Apply | Me pēhea te tuku tono
Applications date: Tuesday 7th February Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately and the position may close earlier than stated if we have found a suitable candidate. This fixed term role starts in April 2023
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Tourism New Zealand|
|Position type:||Fixed term - Full Time|
|Attachment:||PD - Public Relations Manager.docx (Word, 454KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.