Portfolio Manager - Mental Health & Addiction at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board is looking for an energetic and highly motivated Portfolio Manager to join our Planning and Funding Team. This is a fixed term 12 month role due to the Health reforms.
The Portfolio Manager role is responsible for:
- Managing a significant and diverse range of community Mental Health and Addiction Service providers
- Managing the funding relationship with the Mental Health and Addiction Service cluster in the Provider Arm.
- Maintaining positive and trusting relationships with community providers while working with them on improving quality and achieving positive outcomes for people with Mental Health and/or Addiction needs.
- Supporting service change and service improvement initiatives across the Mental Health and Addictions portfolio
- Advocating for patient / whanau centred services that will reduce inequalities while also improving the health of the Bay of Plenty population.
The Planning and Funding Team is responsible to the CEO for planning and funding health and disability services across the Bay of Plenty region. The team's role is to determine the right mix of health services and how best to invest the funding the Bay of Plenty DHB receives from Government. To do this the team has to work in partnership with providers, Government agencies, other district health boards, community and NGO providers and the community to determine the best mix and range of services to be purchased.
The successful applicant will be able to quickly adapt into a complex service environment and be able to establish relationships and dialogue with key community stakeholders and other agencies but also across the wider organisation (Hospital Services). Having a strong understanding of Mental Health and Addiction Services is essential. Excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritise issues around competing demands will mean you will be successful in this role.
You will ideally have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Health Sector experience in Mental Health and Addiction Services
- Strong relationship and contract management skills
- A track record of delivering results
- Well-developed communication skills
- A desire to help us achieve a “healthy, thriving community – Ka ora te Tangata, ka toi ora nga iwi whanui”.
If you are self-driven, enjoy working with a highly motivated and energetic team, think you have the skills and experience required, this job could be yours.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
All applications are to be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Full time|
|Category:||Accounting & finance|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.