Occupational Therapist at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you wanting a change of lifestyle? Want to have the option of living in a growing city, close to pristine beaches and surrounded by some of the most incredible natural beauty, walks and hikes in Aotearoa? You'll find it all here in Tauranga Moana!
We are currently expanding our Acute Occupational Therapy Team and have a number of exciting opportunities at Tauranga Hospital for Occupational Therapists who want to utilize and grow their skillset.
There are current fixed term and full-time vacancies in:
- Medical wards
- Surgical wards
- Acute stroke and rehabilitation
These roles are varied and offer the opportunity to improve the wellbeing of patients journeying through previous and new health conditions including but not limited to traumatic brain injury, fractures, amputations, stroke, and general frailty conditions.
Flexible hours/days of the week up to full-time will be discussed for the appropriate applicants to enable us to shape a service based on the skills we need to deliver healthcare at the right place and right time.
About you | Ko wai koe
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in a hospital setting working on acute wards and preferrable experience in a rehab setting.
- Flexibility to work different shift patterns dependent on service need. This can be negotiable for the appropriate person in the role.
- A current Annual Practising Certificate.
- Passion and a drive to make a real difference through your work and have a strong cultural awareness.
We can offer you
- Orientation and support from the wider Allied Health inpatient team
- Opportunity to work alongside an interdisciplinary team to expand your skill base and ensure excellent service delivery
- A supportive and dynamic coaching environment with Manaakitanga at the heart
- Opportunities to attend relevant professional development to grow your skillset
- Onsite Hospital gym and wellbeing support
- The opportunity to live and work in the stunning Western Bay of Plenty
If you have any queries about this position, please do not hesitate to contact Rio Jodache, Occupational Therapy Team Leader on 021 473 583.
Our values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence are at the centre of everything we do. We are looking for someone who demonstrates, exudes and embeds behaviours consistent with our Manaakitanga values as well as the above skills and experience.
The BOPDHB is committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
All applications are to be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.