Allied Health Assistant - Whakatāne (Casual) at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you looking to broaden your skills by working within the Allied Health Scientific and Technical team? We are looking for an Allied Health Assistant who can bring enthusiasm and basic knowledge of Allied Health Scientific and Technical skills to the service.
The work duties include, but are not limited to, equipment delivery and fitting, assisting physiologists on treatment programmes under clinician guidance and general administration tasks and housekeeping.
The role available is for casual hours, working ‘as and when required' to cover days with high demand at Whakatāne Hospital.
The successful applicants will have the following attributes:
- An energetic, resilient and ‘can do' attitude
- Previous health care assistant work is desirable
- A team player with strong organisational and time management skills
- Adaptable, open to change and able to relate well to people from a variety of backgrounds
- and cultures
- Able to utilise their initiative to help support the work of our Physiologists
- Computer skills
- Willing to increase skill mix and knowledge
- Hold relevant residency status to work in New Zealand
- A full driver's licence (manual and automatic) is a requirement as the role requires working across hospital sites
At BOPDHB we value work-life balance and staff wellbeing with a full staff wellness programme on offer.
Our values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence are at the centre of everything we do. We are looking for someone who demonstrates, exudes and embeds behaviours consistent with our Manaakitanga values as well as the above skills and experience.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
All applications are to be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.