Clinical Psychologist - Whakatāne Adult Community Mental Health & Addictions at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. The BOPDHB is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The roles available are for Clinical Psychologists, you will be working with a dynamic MDT consisting of Te Pou Korkiri workers, Psychiatrists, Nurses, social workers, Occupational therapists, NASC, AOD clinicians, peer support and advocacy workers, and a wonderful administration team.
You will have:
- Neuropsychological knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of assessment processes including behavioural analysis
- Current psychological theory, ideologies and conceptual frameworks relating to assessment practices in general and especially those relating to clients
- Interviewing techniques and styles and their relevance to information collection
- Risk assessment
- Develop psychological formulations and develop provisional hypotheses
- Knowledge of the role of psychometric tools in psychological assessment
- Knowledge of psychometric tools relevant to workplace in secondary services
- Impact of the wider context on assessment processes
- Impact of culture on assessment processes
- Understanding of assessment practices used by other disciplines
- Knowledge and ability to conduct mental status examinations
Mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a New Zealand Registered Clinical Psychologist
- Have postgraduate training in clinical psychology and other relevant postgraduate training
- Be able to demonstrate core facilitative skills in interpersonal interaction
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- SWEAT, our onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
The Whakatāne community is vibrant and engaged while being close to Tauranga, New Zealand's fastest growing city. There is a wide-range of schooling options throughout the area and the stunning region offers New Zealand's recently voted favourite beach, ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich Māori culture. We showcase the perfect place to explore a wide range of nature-based pursuits – you don't have to forsake your career either, in fact why not enhance it with a better work-life balance.
Click here to read more about living and working in Whakatāne.
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At the Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our Manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet these criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
This advertisement will remain open until the position/s have been successfully filled.
All applications must be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.