Service Technician - Bed Service at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are looking for a methodical tradesperson or appliance service person to join our Clinical Engineering team at Tauranga Hospital as our Bed Service Person. In this position you'll be able to put your engineering skills to use ensuring that all hospital beds, plinths, chairs, and procedure tables are safe and in good functional order. This will help allow clinical staff to achieve the best possible outcomes for their patients.
This is a full-time (80 hours per fortnight) position based at Tauranga Hospital.
Your duties will include:
- Service, repair, preventative maintenance, and testing of a range of beds, plinths, chairs, and procedure tables.
- Ad-hoc repair of other mechanical DHB assets such as Wheelchairs, equipment trollies, etc.
- Using our Service management database to record all test results and maintain equipment records.
- Training will be provided
We are seeking a passionate individual with the following attributes:
- Positive attitude and self-motivated.
- Computer literate.
- A team player who can also work independently.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- A willingness to learn and improve skill sets.
Skills and experience required to be successful in this position:
- Registered Electrical Appliance Service Person with a current Practicing Licence.
- A trade qualification in Engineering
- Experience within the health care sector is desirable along with previous experience in preventative maintenance of Hospital or Care-home beds.
- An understanding of AS/NZS 3551, AS/NZS 3760 and / or AS/NZS 2500 Standards is also desirable.
Benefits of joining our team:
- SWEAT, our onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
- And so much more
If you believe that you are the right fit for the role, apply now!
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board has an innovative culture where staff share the principles of Compassion, All-One-Team, Responsive and Excellence in their daily work. The successful applicant will have to provide evidence they are compassionate, team spirited, responsive to needs and with an attitude of always striving for excellence.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
All applications are to be made online.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.