Professional Lead Occupational Therapy at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
The Bay of Plenty District Health Board is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. The Bay of Plenty District Health Board is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have an outstanding clinical leadership opportunity for an experienced and visionary Occupational Therapist to shape the future of Occupational Therapy services in the Bay of Plenty.
You would be a part of a forward thinking allied health leadership team who are an integral part of the Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) services who are evolving how we work to manage the on-going challenges in the current health climate. You will be advocating for Occupational Therapy across the Bay of Plenty and will support staff through governance activity and career development. Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Allied Health you will be instrumental in shaping the future of Occupational Therapy as we navigate this developing landscape.
He Korero Mōu - About You
- As the ideal person for this role, you will have the following skills and attributes:
- We are looking for someone who can influence, inspire and motivate teams
- You will have experience in developing Occupational therapists to be part of interprofessional teams that enables our clients to be as independent as possible in their lives.
- You will have knowledge of all areas of health across the lifespan of our community
- Have registration as an Occupational Therapist with Occupational Therapy Board of NZ with current Annual Practising Certificate.
- Ability to live and lead the BOPDHB CARE values of Compassion, All-one-team, Responsiveness and Excellence.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Relocation support may be available
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- SWEAT, our onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At the Bay of Plenty District Health Board (BOPDHB) we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
This is a genuinely outstanding and challenging allied health clinical leadership opportunity within the NZ health sector. If this opportunity interests you, we would like to hear from you.
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal. For additional information or to arrange a confidential chat, contact Judi Riddell, Associate Director of Allied Health – Judi.Riddell@bopdhb.govt.nz or on 021 791 742.
The BOPDHB are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Bay of Plenty DHB you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.