Service Manager - Community Mental Health at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
This is a new and developing role which is focused on providing Senior Management support to the services provided in the Eastern Bay and who will advocate for improving services. This is an exciting time and a great opportunity for an exceptional individual to make a difference for Mental Health and Addictions in the Eastern Bay of Plenty.
Although there are some operational management responsibilities for the adult community team, the successful candidate will be utilising their operational skills and knowledge to create strong collaborative relationships and lead change through influence across all the services in the Eastern Bay including the child and youth and adult inpatient unit. A strong focus on equity and quality is imperative. The successful applicant will work with PHO, NGO and other stakeholders to improve integration and create collaborative systems.
Mental Health and Addiction Services are currently in a changing environment and there is an opportunity to support transformational change for future integrated service models. We're looking for someone who wants to utilise their leadership abilities, passion, dedication, experience and skills to deliver the services of the future.
He Kōrero mōu - About You
We are seeking a passionate individual with the following attributes:
- Have previous leadership and operational management experience?
- Have the ability to lead in a collaborative space where influence is key?
- Have dedication to working in partnership to honour Te Tiriti o Waitangi?
- Have the ability to think outside the square, be creative and come up with solutions?
- Have the ability to inspire a team and to get their buy-in to be a centre of excellence?
- Have postgraduate experience in Mental Health? (If you are a nurse you also need to have Mental Health in your Scope of Practice)
- Have exceptional communication skills with the ability to support a team of dedicated professionals and develop strong relationships with stakeholders?
- Have a passion for utilising the individual skills and attributes of your team to create a work environment that fosters collaboration, recognition and resilience?
- Possess the skills to be present for your team when they need you?
- Want to make sure tangata whaiora/clients and their families are at the centre of care – ensuring safe and culturally effective practice is maintained?
Are you looking for:
- The opportunity to make an impact in a service that has significant opportunity for change.
- The opportunity to use your management and leadership skills/experience to lead an exciting team?
Then this is the opportunity for you!
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Relocation assistance available
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- SWEAT, our onsite gym
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
The Whakatāne community is vibrant and engaged while being close to Tauranga, New Zealand's fastest growing city. There is a wide-range of schooling options throughout the area and the stunning region offers New Zealand's recently voted favourite beach, ancient forests and is blessed with breath-taking landscapes and rich Māori culture. We showcase the perfect place to explore a wide range of nature-based pursuits – you don't have to forsake your career either, in fact why not enhance it with a better work-life balance.
Click here to read more about living and working in Whakatāne.
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal. For additional information or to arrange a confidential chat, contact Jen Boryer: Business Leader – Mental Health & Addiction Services on 027 555 1158.
New employees of Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses and a booster dose of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further and establish if you meet any criteria for an exemption.
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty's commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.