Pou Whakahaere - Operations Manager at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are looking for courageous, passionate and driven individual who is inspired by the beauty and power of Te Ao Māori, is able to uphold Te Tiriti o Waitangi in practice and wants to be part of leading a paradigm shift toward Toi Ora within Te Moana a Toi.
Te Pare ō Toi (TPOT) is looking for a Pou Whakahaere to provide outstanding thought leadership, courage, innovation and commitment to building a high performing Toi Ora culture and professional service alongside the Manukura.
What you can expect day-to-day:
If you have a proven record of providing an exceptional standard of forward thinking, contemporary, pro equity approaches to operations and people function that are in alignment with strategic service goals, this role is for you. The Pou Whakahere reports directly to the Manukura and works in partnership with the cluster leadership team to support TPoT performance and practice.
The role will be responsible for:
- Optimising operational Te Tiriti dynamic systems, process and performance.
- Māori workforce development, delivery and performance for Te Pare o Toi and Hauora a Toi
- Promote and foster Toi Ora culture alongside senior leaders
- Championing the implementation of TPOT models of care
- Championing and supporting Toi Ora knowledge and competence within the workforce.
We are looking for:
- An operations manager with 3-5 years' experience in similar support roles
- Proven experience in motivating, supporting and building effective teams
- A high level of emotional and cultural intelligence and is politically astute
- Experience in operational system performance, technical, logic expertise required
- Ability to visualise the impact of decisions on the business, customers and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a commitment to te reo me ona tikanga. Support will be provided for continued learning and application. We want to be a Te Reo speaking team.
- Driven to apply Te Aō Māori views, concepts, knowledge and practices in your work tasks.
- Experience working in the health sector desired but not essential.
- Demonstrates, exudes and embeds behaviours consistent with He Pou Oranga Tāngata Whenua.
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Te Whatu Ora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora a Toi Bay of Plenty you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Join our team as we work to create a future where our mokopuna are raised in
Mana Atua, Mana Tupuna, Mana Whenua, Mana Moana & Mana Tangata.
Apply now, ensuring you highlight your brilliance via your CV and cover letter
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.