Allied Health Trauma Coordinator at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Trauma Service of Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is seeking to expand its team to include an Allied Health Trauma Coordinator. This role will provide allied health oversight services to Whakatāne and Tauranga campuses for patients who are admitted as a result of an accident. The successful candidate will be working with, supporting, enhancing and advocating optimal patient and whānau outcomes and you will be joining a team of enthusiastic and passionate clinical nurse specialists, administration and a trauma surgeon.
This is permanent full-time position working 80 hours per fortnight.
He Korero mōu - About You
This dynamic, evolving role requires an equally dynamic candidate who:
- Has significant experience and preferably formal education in the field of trauma
- Has documented quality improvement experience and can demonstrate strong skills in change management with a trauma focus
- Can demonstrate an ability and enthusiasm to educate and mentor colleagues, patients and whānau
- Is energetic, flexible and resilient
- Can demonstrate strong team player skills
- Has excellent time management
- Can work autonomously and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Is able to relate well to people from all walks of life
- Can fluidly overlay attention to equity in their practice
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
Salary range for this position is $82,829 to $95,920
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.