Administration Support - Medical Staffing Unit at Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane), Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 259,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Medical Staffing Unit at Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty has an exciting opportunity for self-motivated and enthusiastic Administrator(s) to join our team based at Whakatāne Hospital.
Joining one other in our Medical Staffing Unit, these positions can be covered by two part-timers or as one full-time position. The position(s) are for a fixed term period to 31 December 2023, covering a team member who is currently on secondment. The hours of work will be dependent upon successful applicants wanting to work part-time or full time and will be discussed at interview.
The Medical Staffing Unit is responsible for 240 Resident Medical Officers (RMO's) working across our two hospital sites (Tauranga & Whakatāne).
Some of your duties will include:
- Producing and maintaining rosters for both SMO's (Senior Medical Staff) and RMO's (Junior Medical Staff)
- Providing administrative support to our Medical Directors and Senior Medical Staff at Whakatāne Hospital
- Ensuring day to day management of RMO staffing levels
- Assisting with the preparation of SMO/RMO orientation programmes
- Working with business leaders and locum agencies to manage SMO/RMO leave planning
- Assisting with the recruitment of SMO's & RMO's
- Assisting with the administrative requirements of RMO's
Skills required for this role:
- Ideally you will have had experience working within a hospital/medical industry
- A background in HR support and recruitment
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills
- Confident and comfortable working in a complex and changing environment
- High level of attention to detail and a solution focused mind-set
You will be working with a team of six who are based across both the Tauranga and Whakatāne Hospital sites.
It is key for us that you are passionate about our values, and live these values every day. To learn more about our values you can visit our website www.bopdhb.govt.nz
Please click here to view the position description for the Medical Staffing Unit Administrator vacancy
Please click here to view the position description for the Senior Medical Officer Administration Support vacancy
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-house professional development
- Flexible working practices (e.g. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Following the update to COVID-19 Public Health Response (Vaccinations) Order 2021, to be employed with Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty you will be required to be fully vaccinated as a health care worker. Evidence of your vaccination status will be required at offer stage. If you do not meet this criteria, we are unable to progress your application.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Bay of Plenty District Health Board (Tauranga/Whakatane)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Contract/Temp Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.