Community Work Supervisor - Tauranga at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Bay of Plenty (Te Moana a Toi)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Ngā Kawenga | The Role
Give back to the community whilst utilising your skills and experience by teaching those in our care by being a great role model and looking for opportunities to engage in a positive way, as a Community Work Supervisor, you will oversee and manage up to 8 community workers serving community work sentences whilst they undertake meaningful projects supporting our local communities at schools, reserves, community groups, Marae and churches.
With a natural style of working collaboratively and having top-notch relationship management skills you will be someone who recognises the importance of the work Ara Poutama Aotearoa does and as we enter into a new and exciting era with Hokai Rangi, you will bring new ways of thinking to our mahi
On a daily basis, a Community Work Supervisors will:
- ĀRAHI – show guidance to those you are working with
- MANAAKI - help people engage in a supportive way
- WHAKAKIPAKIPA - encourage and inspire people to make positive decisions
- HĀPAI - support people in their mahi ensuring they monitor and their manage health, safety and behaviours whilst at working
- MAHITAHI - work closely with those in the community and those you are supervising
Pūkenga | Skills we look for
We are looking for people who:
- have the ability to engage with all cultures
- understand the importance of tikanga and te reo Māori within our unique settings
- have the ability to solve problems and work collaboratively
- are fresh critical thinkers, using curiosity and imagination to generate new ideas
- inspire others with enthusiasm and a take-action approach
- are passionate about supporting people to build confidence, resilience and wellbeing
- have excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Community Work Supervisors come from a variety of backgrounds; from trades and farming to office jobs, retail, teaching and social agencies – so your experience could be just what we are looking for!
A full NZ drivers licence including the ability to drive a manual vehicle is essential, additionally you will also be required to tow a trailer at times.
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The hours of work for a Community Work Supervisor are 7.00am – 4.00pm, however we have a mixture of Part-Time, Full-Time and Casual roles, the starting hourly rate for this role is $23.63. This can increase through upskilling whilst in the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a CV and a cover letter and/or answer the questions on the application.
It is an exciting time to join us, and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
‘Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi engari, he toa takitini, takimano kē'
‘My strength is not that of my own but that of many.'
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty (Te Moana a Toi)|
|Attachment:||Community Work Supervisor.pdf (PDF, 78KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.