Specialty Clinical Nurse - Earn Nose & Throat, and Head & Neck Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We are seeking an experienced registered nurse with recent relevant experience to join the specialty ENT and Head & Neck nursing team. This role reports to Clinical Nurse Specialist, and provides care to patients in multiple settings across the Bay of Plenty District .
This position is permanent and is available from January 2023.
In this senior nurse role, you will demonstrate Manaakitanga, expertise and effective coordination of patients with a range of conditions of affecting ENT and Head & Neck, including high suspicion of cancer. The specialty clinical nurse contributes to equity of access to care and navigation of the care pathway. You will be partnering with other health professionals, which ensures safe and evidenced based delivery of care for patients within the Bay of Plenty district.
The patient and whanau are at the centre of the model of care:
- Meeting the timeframes within care pathways including Faster Cancer Treatment pathways to ensure timely diagnosis and treatment decision making to optimise treatment outcomes.
- Provides clinical expertise and contributes to the advancement of professional knowledge and skills using evidence-based practice.
- Ensures equity of access to the specialty nursing service, and support to patients and families/whanau to assist them in understanding and participating in treatment choices and ongoing health care needs.
- Able to travel within the Bay of Plenty District
He Korero mōu - About You
- Recent experience in a range of nursing settings such as ENT, acute surgical nursing, paediatric nursing, ear assessment skills.
- Post graduate qualification or on a pathway
- Experience in service development or quality improvement
- Proven capability to demonstrate nursing leadership
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working options for a healthy work-life balance
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
New employees of Te Whatu Ora will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.