Datix Administrator at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is currently seeking a Datix administrator, to join their team. This is an exciting part-time position where you will be working across both the Tauranga and Whakatane Hospitals, as part of the district's Health Quality & Safety Service (HQSS).
You will be assisting with the development, maintenance and enhancement of Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty 's incident, feedback and risk management administration system (i.e. Datix), and its effective use for better quality management, monitoring and improvement.
Other responsibilities will include:
- To ensure equity, for Tangata Whenua, is central to our commitment under Te Tiriti o Waitangi, and in a manner which integrates iwi understandings and aspirations in all that we do.
- Reporting into and supporting the Quality Systems Manager, HQSS to develop and implement an effective and equitable health quality and patient system for better health outcomes and patient experience.
- Recognising individual responsibility for workplace Health and Safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Establishing effective working relationships with a number of key stakeholders.
He Korero mōu - About You
Your skills will include the following:
- Appropriate professional qualification (Bachelors, Diploma) or experience in Computer Science / Information
- Systems or equivalent experience, or proven experience in lieu of such qualification, of supporting and administering incident, feedback and risk management software systems
- Experience in training and mentoring staff on data/digital systems
- Experience in working with staff, client, and vendor personnel in the implementation and use standards and guidelines
- Competent in integrating Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Māori health models and frameworks into practice
- Well-developed emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with ability to encourage/ enthuse others and quickly establish rapport and collaboration
- Sound working knowledge of software packages including MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel to present meaningful reports, graphs, and charts
- Self-motivated and ability to meet deadlines
If you think you've got what it takes to perform this crucial role in our business, then please make an online application now.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working practices (e.g. we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite staff parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
It is desirable that new employees of Te Whatu Ora are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.