Person Centred Experience Lead at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is currently seeking a Person-Centred Experience Lead, Kaiwhakahaere Takaweanga a hapori, to join their team based at Tauranga Hospital. This is an exciting full-time position where you will be working across both the Tauranga and Whakatāne Hospitals, as part of the district's Health Quality & Safety Service (HQSS).
You will be responsible for developing and implementing a sustainable, practical, meaningful, and effective experience programme, ensuring the organisation is a leader in person/whānau-centred experience.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring equity, in particular for Tangata Whenua, is crucial to person/whānau-centred experience improvement and in a manner which integrates iwi understandings and aspirations.
- Reporting into and supporting the Executive Director, HQSS to develop and implement an effective and equitable health quality and patient system for better health outcomes and patient experience.
- Recognising individual responsibility for workplace Health and Safety under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Establishing effective working relationships with a number of key stakeholders.
He Korero mōu - About You
Your skills will include the following:
- Qualification in a relevant field
- 5+ years' experience in a professional leadership role or developing consumer engagement
- Proven ability to rapidly plan and deliver effective analysis of consumer experience data, issues, and questions
- Knowledge in Quality Improvement and/or Project Management
- Competent in integrating Te Tiriti o Waitangi and Māori health models and frameworks into practice
- Ability to work with communities to understand the way in which services should develop to meet their health needs and be able to translate this to changes in models of care
- High levels of emotional intelligence, communication, and interpersonal skills as well as an ability to bring people together towards common goals
- Strong leadership, coaching, training, and development skills
If you think you've got what it takes to perform this crucial role in our business, then please make an online application now.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working practices (e.g. we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free onsite staff parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
It is desirable that new employees of Te Whatu Ora are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further.
Children's Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty's commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.