Dietitian - Clinical at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity to join our friendly & supportive team of Dietitians at Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, based in Tauranga. This position is casual, as and when required. There are no fixed hours.
This position ideally requires a person who has experience working as clinical dietitian although those with general dietitian experience and new graduates may apply.
You will be working with a range of health professionals across various inpatient areas and in areas of high demand, equity in support for Māori is a priority.
If you are a highly motivated Dietitian with a passion for patient centred care and who works well as part of a team and you're looking for a rewarding Dietetic position, then we want to hear from you!
He Korero mōu - About You
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Experience in a hospital setting working on acute wards
- Flexibility to work across various hospital clinical areas as directed dependent on service need
- Passion and a drive to make a real difference through your work and have a strong cultural awareness
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- Orientation and support from the wider Dietitian inpatient team
- Opportunity to work alongside an interdisciplinary team to expand your skill base and ensure excellent service delivery
- A supportive and dynamic coaching environment with Manaakitanga at the heart
- Opportunities to attend relevant professional development to grow your skillset
- Flexible working practices (e.g. we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership and wellbeing support
- Free onsite staff parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
- The opportunity to live and work in the stunning Bay of Plenty
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal. For additional information or to arrange a confidential chat, contact Eruera Maxted, Team Leader, Dietitians and Speech Language Therapy via email Eruera.Maxted@bopdhb.govt.nz.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
It is desirable that new employees of Te Whatu Ora are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further.
Children's Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty's commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.