Social Worker - Whakatane Hospital at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Mō Tātou – About Us
Boasting some of the most sunlight hours in New Zealand Whakatane offers award winning beaches for both surf and fun. Be still and listen to the native bird chorus in our bush clad walkways, plus swim in the cleanest freshwater lakes around. Come join our team who are already enjoying a uniquely rewarding lifestyle outside of the main cities. Whakatane is small but mighty, featuring all the things you need whilst remaining within easy travel to Tauranga and Rotorua for that little bit extra.
Whakatāne – Our People, Our Place, Welcome - YouTube
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
We have job satisfaction and exciting mahi, we need your skills to help us thrive!
We are seeking experienced Social Workers who are passionate about health social work or wish to extend their current social work skills This exciting opportunity will be based in the Allied Health Inpatient team at Whakatane Hospital.
This is a casual role. The ideal candidate would have flexibility to work hours as and when required Monday to Friday 8am – 4.30pm. Some weekend or public holiday work may be required from time to time.
With no day being the same, you will have an opportunity to work on our acute hospital wards with people of diverse cultures and ages to undertake biopsychosocial, risk and safety assessments and plan interventions. Utilising your crisis intervention skills, you will provide therapeutic support for the patient and whānau and facilitate connections with Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty services and external agencies.
He Korero mōu - About You
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a NZ recognised Social Work qualification with SWRB registration
- Have proven NZ post graduate experience of at least 2 years
- Have experience working with family harm, alcohol and drug services and mental health – this would be an advantage
- Have a compassionate nature, who can demonstrate reflexivity and adaptable practice, remaining calm and organised within a challenging, and fast-paced environment
- Ideally have established knowledge and networks of local community based support services
- Have excellent communication and conflict management skills
- Produce timely, accurate written documentation
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- In-House career development
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working practices (e.g. we support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership and wellbeing support
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Ngā uarātanga ō ā mātou mahi – Our Values
At Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty we recruit for our Manaakitanga CARE values. Why do we do this? Because values-based teams deliver better care.
Our manaakitanga CARE values (Compassion, All-one-team, Responsive and Excellence) support each of us to make a difference every day in the things we do and say. Therefore, it's important that when recruiting, we recruit new colleagues who live by our CARE values.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW”
For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty are committed to improving Māori health outcomes and achieving health equity for Māori through Te Tiriti o Waitangi obligations. It is essential you demonstrate an awareness of Māori indigenous rights and current issues in relation to health and health equity.
It is desirable that new employees of Te Whatu Ora are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes two doses of an approved vaccine. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine or booster for any reason, please indicate this in your application so we can discuss this with you further.
Children's Act 2014
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty's commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.