Health Psychologist - Clinical Pain Service at Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty, Bay of Plenty
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
He Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
The Clinical Pain Service is dynamic and innovative team with a strong ethos of a multi-disciplinary approach to pain management and education. We are currently looking to appoint a Health Psychologist (preferable) or Clinical Psychologist with chronic pain experience.
In this role you will be providing psychological assessment and treatment to patients who are under the care of the Clinical Pain Service, you will using a range of therapeutic interventions and techniques to assist the client, family/whānau and in the group setting.
This is a permanent, 0.8FTE position, working 64 hours per fortnight.
He Kōrero mōu - About You
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Registered and ACC accredited Health/Clinical Psychologist in New Zealand with a current practicing certificate.
- Preference would be for a Health Psychologist with a minimum of one years' experience. However, a Clinical Psychologist with a background in chronic pain will be considered.
- Hold a current driver's licence.
This position is suitable for those trained in, and adhering to, the clinical scopes of practice as defined by the New Zealand Psychologists Board.
Mō Tātou – About Us
Situated in the sunny eastern coast of New Zealand's North Island, the Bay of Plenty really is just that, offering vast golden sand beaches, bush clad mountains, lush farmlands and more. Its pleasant climate means that the area has become a favourite for holiday makers, retirees and those looking for a different lifestyle outside of the main cities.
Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand, Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is spread across a vast geographical area and centred across two hospitals based in Tauranga and Whakatāne. We serve a population of approximately 308,000 for the major population centres of Tauranga, Katikati, Te Puke, Whakatāne, Kawerau and Ōpōtiki. Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty is one of the Bay of Plenty's largest employers with over 4000 staff.
Ko o tatou painga – Our Benefits
- Access to ongoing in-house professional development
- Relocation assistance available for international candidates
- Commitment to staff wellness and healthy working practices (e.g. We support work life balance and flexible work arrangements whenever possible)
- Highly rewarding role and opportunity to make a difference!
- Be a valued member of a multidisciplinary team
- Subsidised onsite hospital gym membership
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Discounts (with local businesses)
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
You can view the position description below and to apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career's portal.
Due to this position having contact with children and Te Whatu Ora Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty commitment to child protection, you will be subject to ‘safety checks' under the Children's Act at the time of hire and thereafter as per the relevant legislation.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, so we encourage you to apply early.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Te Whatu Ora - Health New Zealand Hauora a Toi Bay of Plenty|
|Location:||Bay of Plenty|
|Position type:||Permanent Part time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.