Instructor - Plastering at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Canterbury (Waitaha)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you an experienced Plasterer with a trade qual looking for a change?
- Have you already hung up the tools & are seeking to build on your existing Instructor experience?
- Based at Rolleston Prison, flexibility to work across our 3 sites though is essential
Ngā kawenga | About the role
We are looking for leaders in the Plastering Industry who want to work with people who have had diverse life experiences, but who are motivated about making a positive change in their lives.
As an Instructor, you will teach, support and use YOUR life experiences to help others unleash their talents and be part of something that can be life changing!
Our Offender Employment Instructors support those in our care to improve their work habits, work experiences and skills so that they can increase their chances of obtaining sustainable and legitimate employment on their release.
He kōrero mōu | About you
We are looking for applications from suitable qualified people who have worked in a commercial and residential environment and have:
- A proven passion and experience in the plastering industry
- A relevant trade qualification
- Outstanding Health and Safety practices
- Ideally be experienced as an adult educator or NZQA assessor (4098 or equivalent) however it is not essential as we will support you to obtain this
- Have exceptional people skills and the motivation to develop others
- Demonstrate the ability to harness potential and be proactive in approach
- Hold a current first aid certificate and full clean NZ driver licence
If this sounds like you and you're wondering what we can offer, read below:
- An amazing team of experienced Instructors who have seen what they can do to change a person's life
- A chance to teach willing students who want to make a difference to their own self-worth
- Support to further your training and development with opportunities to complete your NZ Certificate in Adult Education and/or Offender Management
Utu ā-tau | Salary
The salary full range between $62,014 - $77,341 per annum. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and is our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve across the motu.
As a values-led organisation, we use the principles of rangatira (leadership), manaaki (respect), wairua (spirituality), kaitiaki (guardianship) and whānau (relationships) to shape how we work and deliver the outcomes in our strategy - Hōkai Rangi (https://careers.corrections.govt.nz/strategy).
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for joining the department highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.
It is an exciting time to join us and we continue to seek out talented individuals who are committed to an inclusive, vibrant workplace. We recognise and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals, and that of the collective talent in our whānau. All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at email@example.com.
Applications will close on Wednesday, 7th December 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.