Administration Support Officer at Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections), Canterbury (Waitaha)
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
'Kotahi anō te kaupapa, ko te oranga o te iwi' – ‘There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Ngā kawenga | About the role
This is an opportunity to be a part of a values-led organisation where you will provide high quality and professional administration services at Rolleston Prison. You will be a part of the Corrections Services team whose wider purpose is to work with people in our care through targeted rehabilitation, reintegration, treatment, education, and training opportunities that reduce the likelihood of re-offending.
Our Administration Support Officers are responsible for providing general administration duties which contribute to the efficient and effective running of our mahi at the prison. Your day-to-day role will see you carrying out duties such as:
- Ordering goods and supplies for prison units and on-site construction yards.
- Receiving, recording, and storing all inward goods.
- Assigning, recording, and dispatching goods.
- Processing and checking incoming and outgoing mail.
- Telephone duties and other general administration tasks as required.
The position is based at Rolleston Prison and is a full-time position, working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday.
He kōrero mōu | About you
We are interested in hearing from people who have a genuine interest in our kaupapa and are motivated to work successfully in a team environment. The skills and experience required for the role include:
- Strong experience and knowledge of office administration.
- Sound knowledge of computer software and database systems including Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel), along with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and customer service skills.
- The ability to organise effectively, be adaptable, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- The ability to develop, foster and maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of people.
- Resilience when dealing with difficult situations in changing environments and a pragmatic approach to problem solving.
You will need a Full New Zealand Driver Licence for this role.
Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen, New Zealand Resident Permit holder, Australian citizen or an Australian resident who holds a current Australian Resident Return Visa.
Utu ā-tau | Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this role is $59,717 - $63, 434 per annum. Appointment and remuneration will reflect skills and experience relevant to the role.
Ko wai mātou | About us
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a name that has been gifted to us and conveys the responsibility for those in our care to reach their potential and our commitment to improving the oranga and safety of the people, whānau, and that of the communities we serve.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and cover letter describing your motivation for applying, and outlining your relevant skills, experience and personal qualities which align with the role and our values.
All applications must be submitted through our careers site to ensure transparency. Applications received via email will not be considered.
If you want to find out more about a career with us, visit careers.corrections.govt.nz or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close Monday 4th December 2023.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ara Poutama Aotearoa (Department of Corrections)|
|Attachment:||Collective_Administration_Support_Officer (1).pdf (PDF, 36KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.