Kaitātari Mātāmua/Kaitātari Matua | Principal/Senior Analyst - Interdepartmental Executive Board (IEB) Climate Change at Ministry for the Environment, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- New roles - permanent or secondment opportunity
- Data and reporting focus
- Flexible working to support your work-life balance
An exciting opportunity to support Aotearoa New Zealand's transition to a low-carbon economy and adapt to the impacts of climate change.
Mō tēnei tūrangi mahi | About the roles
The Climate Change Chief Executives Board has been established as a new Interdepartmental Executive Board. Its function is to coordinate implementation of cross-agency actions and strategies on climate change, including the implementation of the emissions reduction plan. It will monitor, report and advise the Climate Response Ministers Group on progress at the sector and economy wide level.
We are looking for a highly experienced Principal Analyst to provide technical data analysis and insight for the emissions monitoring and reporting function.
This function will:
- take emissions data from across government, and consolidate it to assess progress across the economy against emissions budgets and other commitments in the emissions reduction plan
- develop insights from that data to inform advice on any required changes to policy to stay on-track to meeting emissions budgets
- identify and assess other relevant emergent trends
- prepare reports for the Board and public
- maintain a continued focus on improvements to the climate data system and reports.
We are also looking for a Senior Analyst to support the Principal with this work. As a Senior, you will provide coordination and technical leadership for projects and share your expertise to mentor junior members of the team to build capability.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
Our ideal candidate will bring:
- a strong background in data analysis
- the confidence and ability to lead and coordinate cross-governmental analytical work programmes
- an understanding of climate change policy and the systems, sectors and actors involved in climate mitigation and adaptation
- strong political acumen with a good understanding of systems, processes, and drivers across government agencies
- understanding how policy changes impact people on the ground – including private sector, local government, and especially Māori, iwi and communities.
- commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in te ao Māori.
Whānuitanga Utu ā-Tau | Salary Range
Principal: $155,491 to $190,044 pa - Senior: $101,802 to $124,424 pa
Appointment within this range will be based on skills and experience.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Apply directly by completing the online application form and submit your CV and cover letter. Note: your cover letter will be a key part of our assessment process, so please highlight how your experience relates to the key skills required for this role. Also, please state which role you are applying for.
If you require further information about this position please contact Ngaire Howes at Ngaire.email@example.com. If you require a copy of the position description, please go to www.mfe.govt.nz/jobs and click through to view the advertisement and position description.
The location for this role is flexible which means you can work anywhere in New Zealand and there is an option to work from home. As a flexible friendly employer, we are happy to discuss solutions that may work for you and the business. We value and care about enabling our people to work in a way that means they can work at their best.
We embrace diversity and inclusion and are committed to equal opportunities. What's important to us is ‘he rau kotahi tangata' – embracing our multiple talents – by harnessing our diversity and being inclusive. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds. We are proud to be Rainbow Tick certified and recognise the diversity and uniqueness of our workforce and reaffirm our commitment to create a safe and inclusive environment for everyone.
We want to ensure accessibility needs are well supported, so the recruitment process is fair and equitable for all. Therefore, please let us know if there is any support, we can provide to ensure the recruitment process is fully accessible to you. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss any accessibility needs you may have.
From 18, May 2022 we have suspended our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy until further notice. A My Vaccine Pass is no longer required by employees, visitors, suppliers and contractors. However, the policy may be reinstated if new public health advice comes to hand or a new variant emerges.
Note: We will be working through applications as they are submitted and progressing candidates prior to the closing date so apply now.
We are also open to people joining us on a secondment basis.
Rā Katinga | Applications close: Wednesday, 28 September 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Ministry for the Environment|
|Position type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Category:||Policy & analysis|
|Attachment:||Principal Analyst - PD.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Senior Analyst - PD.docx (Word, 1.50MB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.