ENROLLED NURSE - HAMILTON at NZ Blood Service (NZBS), Clinical
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Want to help save lives and make a positive difference to our nation's well-being?
Revitalise your Nursing passion and feel a sense of pride being an essential aspect of providing a life-saving service to New Zealanders by collecting, processing and distributing blood and blood products.
- Permanent, full time opportunity
Working for the New Zealand Blood and Organ Service (NZBS), our Enrolled Nurses undertake donor health assessments and perform whole blood, plasma and platelet collection procedures.
There is a lot more to being a nurse at NZBS other than just taking blood. Dealing with primarily well people gives a different perspective to a working day.
If you are interested in developing your clinical skills in the collection of Whole Blood, Plasma and Plateletpheresis including experience in procedures such as therapeutic venesection; or if you would like to develop your coaching, training and development skills, inspiring our staff to be the best they can be, NZBS has fantastic opportunities for everyone.
We welcome applications from Enrolled Nurses who will utilise their health assessment, critical thinking and reflective practice skills to contribute to all aspects of the collection of blood products and donor health education at our mobile and donor room collects. No phlebotomy experience needed! Let us train you!
Flexible to work rostered shifts and travel away on Mobile Blood Drives with overnight travel for up to a week at a time.
Salary starting from $ 54,432 to $ 62,847 depending on experience.
Additionally, if you choose to work with us, you will:
- Enjoy a better work-life balance (no nights!) and working with healthy donors
- Work in outpatient environments like Donor Centres and Mobile Drives
- Learn new, transferable career skills
- Participate in professional development & advancement including a Nursing Council accredited PDRP programme
- Undertake comprehensive training and orientation
- Help save lives and make a positive difference to people's well-being
- Travel and see the country (on mobile blood drives)
Come and make a difference with NZBS.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Blood Service (NZBS)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.