MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST - DONATION ACCREDITATION, AUCKLAND at NZ Blood Service (NZBS), Clinical
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Expand your knowledge in the field of Medical Laboratory Science
- Add value in a role where what you do really does make a positive difference to the wider NZ Community
- Full time permanent (40 hours per week)
About New Zealand Blood and Organ Service
New Zealand Blood and Organ Service (NZBS) has sole responsibility for collecting, testing, processing and distributing blood in New Zealand. Through the generosity of our donors, we are able to help save lives through our blood, blood products and other services. At the end of the day, you know that you've contributed in some way to making a difference in someone's life.
Our shared values are at the heart of our organisation's culture and guide our behaviour each and every day. They inspire us, motivate us and drive us to provide the very best service to the New Zealand public.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your skillset with a world class, progressive organisation using advanced science to consistently support providing better health outcomes for New Zealanders.
Using state-of-the-art technology, the Auckland Donation Accreditation team is dynamic, fun and professional, ensuring that blood, blood products and tissues are safe for clinical use by conducting mandatory testing, as well as maintaining quality control in a regulated environment. You will be trained to perform the required testing, performed on a variety of platforms, as well as analyser maintenance and trouble-shooting. A strong quality focus is required, to ensure GMP and Medsafe compliance at all times.
Salary starting from $ 56,337 to $ 81,542 depending on registration, skills and experience.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist, or a new graduate seeking provisional registration
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have the ability to achieve the targets and objectives of the service
- Prior experience working in a laboratory performing immunohematology, quality control, and/or infectious disease testing would be an asset
- Have a self-motivated and positive attitude and are keen to learn new skills
- Have the flexibility to fully participate in our roster that also includes evening, weekend and on-call work as required
What we can offer you
- Job security knowing that you are part of a growing essential service organisation
- Working as part of a team of dedicated technical professionals
- Being part of a unique organisation, saving lives and making a positive difference to the health and well-being of New Zealanders by ensuring safe provision of blood, blood products, tissue and organs.
- A strong team culture working together to achieve a high standard of service delivery and a great place to work.
If you are registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ or meet the requirements for registration and are looking for a technically challenging but rewarding role, then this role could be for you.
Join us and make a difference with NZBS!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Blood Service (NZBS)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.