MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTIST - COMPONENT PROCESSING AND CELLULAR THERAPY LABORATORY,WELLINGTON at NZ Blood Service (NZBS), Clinical
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent, full time
About New Zealand Blood and Organ Service
New Zealand Blood and Organ Service (NZBS) has sole responsibility for collecting, processing and distributing blood in New Zealand. Through the generosity of our donors, we are able to help save lives through our blood, blood products and other services including cellular therapies and tissue banking. At the end of the day, you know that you've contributed in some way to making a difference in someone's life within this essential service.
Our shared values are at the heart of our organisation's culture and guide our behaviour each and every day. They inspire us, motivate us and drive us to provide the very best service to the New Zealand public.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to expand your skillset with a world class, progressive organisation working to support the provision of better health outcomes for New Zealanders.
The Component Processing and Cellular Therapy Laboratory (CTL) is a close-knit, fun, professional team, responsible for the manufacture of blood components, tissue banking, and stem cell processing and storage. You will be trained to perform all required processes. A strong quality focus is required to ensure GMP and Medsafe compliance at all times.
Salary starting from $55,840 to $80,799 depending on registration, skills and experience.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be a Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist, or a new graduate seeking provisional registration
- Demonstrate excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Have a self-motivated and positive attitude
- Have the flexibility to fully participate in our roster that also includes evening, weekend and on-call work as required
- Be looking for a technically challenging and rewarding role, within a great team and part of an essential service
- Be interested in taking a key role supporting blood product manufacture and Clinical Cellular Therapy and Tissue transplantation.
What we can offer you
- Job security knowing that you are part of a growing essential service organisation
- Being part of a unique organisation, saving lives and making a positive difference to the health and well-being of New Zealanders
- A strong team culture working together to support safe provision of blood, blood products, tissue and organ services.
If you are registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of NZ or meet the requirements for registration and are looking for a technically challenging but rewarding role, then this role could be for you.
Come and make a difference with NZBS!
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Blood Service (NZBS)|
|Position type:||Permanent Full time|
|Attachment:||No File Attached|
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.