Property Facilities Advisor at Department of Conservation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Use your relationship management experience to truly partner with our key stakeholders.
- Bring to this role your expertise in facilities management to support greater conservation outcomes.
- Permanent full-time role based in Wellington with flexible arrangements available.
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation (DOC) serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- managing threats and adverse impacts
- being a voice for conservation
- connecting people to nature.
We are looking for an experienced Property Facilities Advisor to join our National Property Services team based in Wellington. Reporting to our National Property Manager, you will look after one of the most unique and diverse property portfolios in New Zealand, managing properties from beyond Cape Reinga to The Bluff and some remote islands. Our team look after all DOC's office type buildings, workshops, infrastructure, residential houses, and integrated property sites.
He angitūtanga | About the role
The Property Facilities Advisor supports the effective and efficient management of the Department's property portfolio ensuring that Te Papa Atawhai has as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio. You will be responsible for commercial and residential property asset condition assessments and urgent remedial maintenance on the DOC owed properties. You will be responsible for performing compliance and urgent maintenance work associated to building compliance such as asbestos, seismic, and building warrant of fitness that meet the NZ Building Act.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
This role calls for someone who is keen to add value to the work we do and be part of a high performing team. You will also have an excellent track record and experience in facilities management and experience to facilitate enterprise portfolio management. You will have proven relationship management experience, both internal and external, and experience negotiating and dealing with outside suppliers.
In addition, you will bring:
- relevant qualification or in-depth experience in property, business, asset maintenance management, valuation, or related fields
- 3+ years' experience in facilities management position
- a working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and HVAC systems
- excellent project management skills
- proven experience and achievements in corporate real estate, administration, building management, maintenance, systems and process management
- a strong customer and people centric focus
- the ability to deliver process and systems improvement
- awareness and understanding of relevant property legislation and regulations
- current full driver licence.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- career development, secondment, and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills, experience, and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $85,757 to $109,578 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa thatcovers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm on Tuesday, 31 January 2023
For further enquiries, contact Debbie Fahey, Senior Recruitment Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Reference: DOC/1682920
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||RoleDescription-PropertyFacilitiesAdvisor.pdf (PDF, 198KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.