Business Support Officer - SAP Support at Department of Conservation, Hamilton
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Do you always put the customer first, and strive to provide a professional service?
- 4 weeks + 3 days annual leave per year.
- 4 permanent, full-time roles based in Hamilton (2), Dunedin (1), Wellington (1).
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- managing threats and adverse impacts
- being a voice for conservation
- connecting people to nature.
He angitūtanga | About the role
The Business Support Team is recruiting for their next Business Support Officer who will specialise in day-to-day SAP support across the motu. You will be an organisational superstar bringing with you an energetic and collaborative approach as you support the staff of DOC with a high standard of professionalism. You will have highly developed communication skills, which will aid you in providing a high level of service and support. Working with a dispersed team in a virtual environment will be second nature to you.
The position will be focussed on:
- providing SAP S/4HANA Purchasing and Enterprise Asset Management support
- triaging and resolving issues related to SAP S/4HANA
- providing administrative support to staff as required
- supporting DOC's Customer Service Centre as a backup agent.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
The Business Support Officer position is focused around providing high quality support to both internal and external stakeholders within the Department of Conservation. You will undertake a mixture of administrative tasks, deliver a high level of support and be the first point of contact for contractors, customers, and your team members.
If you have many of the following attributes, we are keen to hear from you:
- comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office with specific focus on Teams, Outlook, and Excel with an appetite to grow your skills and master new applications and processes
- experience with using and supporting SAP modules primarily within the Sourcing and Procurement Module
- proven experience working within a virtual environment
- great relationship management skills with the ability to build and leverage networks
- a passion for conservation and willingness to advocate for conservation
- a strong health and safety focus
- able to handle sensitive/confidential material with discretion
- excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt your communication style to suit different audiences
- effective time management with the ability to meet deadlines
- able to work as part of different teams as well as independently.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- career development, secondment, and training opportunities to help you realise your goals
- study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance
- great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $54,314 to $69,401 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Rā katinga | Applications close at 5 pm on Sunday, 2 April 2023
Me he pātai anō | For further enquiries contact Debbie Fahey, Senior Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com
Taupānga | Job reference: DOC/1706390
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Business Support Officer .pdf (PDF, 608KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.