Investment Advisor (x2) at Department of Conservation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Influence the delivery of our conservation outcomes by assisting our operational staff with a range of investment streams.
- Two permanent vacancies.
- Wellington based with opportunities to be based nationwide.
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- managing threats and adverse impacts
- being a voice for conservation
- connecting people to nature.
He angitūtanga | About the role
The Department has two Investment Advisor vacancies ready to join our National Operations and Regulatory Services group.
As our investment advisor, you will facilitate investment distribution processes for the Operations Group and management of centralised operating expenditure funding pools. You will work alongside other units of the Department including regional teams to identify, prioritise and recommend work for funding. You will also be monitoring and reporting on delivery of approved work.
There is a small team of staff undertaking this role within the Unit, and while you will be given a specific portfolio, there is an expectation that the roles will work collaboratively across the various investment portfolios should the need arise.
This role will also allow you to develop your skills and capabilities to work outside the proposed role description.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We want to hear from you if you feel motivated to make a significant contribution to this Kaupapa and if you feel aligned to the below requirements:
- proficient in prioritising financial planning and budget management
- strong communication skills to produce useful technical outputs and advice to a very high professional standard
- high level of knowledge of capital and operational budget management in the Government sector
- skilled in working collaboratively with a range of stakeholders
- working knowledge of asset management practices and systems
- proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- current full driver licence required
- experience using a proprietary software application such as SAP (advantage)
- knowledge of Biodiversity and/or Visitor and Historic Asset field operations (advantage).
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- flexible working opportunities suited to your role
- great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Tono ināianei |Apply now.
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $85,757 to $109,578 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm Wednesday, 8 February 2023.
For further enquiries: email Will Newbold on email@example.com.
Job Reference: 2000/43004
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Investment Advisor .pdf (PDF, 214KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.