Logistics Support Officer Tiakina Nga Manu at Department of Conservation, Hokitika
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Take advantage of a range of development and training opportunities across the organisation.
- Four weeks + three days annual leave per year pro-rata, flexible working options.
- Permanent full time position, Hokitika location.
Toitū te marae a Tāne-Mahuta, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai serves to protect and sustain nature across Aotearoa. We put nature and people at the heart of our mahi, guided by te reo Māori, te ao Māori and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We do this by:
- protecting land, species, ecosystems, and cultural heritage for conservation purposes
- managing threats and adverse impacts
- being a voice for conservation
- connecting people to nature.
He angitūtanga | About the role
The Department's national predator control programme is looking for a motivated Logistics Support Officer to join our logistics team. As our logistics support officer you will be responsible for ensuring that supplies and equipment are delivered to remote locations in a timely and cost-effective manner, and that all logistical support needs are met to enable successful field operations.
You will also maintain contracts, process invoices, and support our staff and contractors as they deliver predator control operations across New Zealand.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
If you have the following attributes, we are keen to hear from you:
- coordinating the delivery and distribution of supplies, equipment, and materials to remote field locations
- excellent relationship management skills with the ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- ensuring compliance with regulatory and safety requirements related to transportation and logistics
- accurate recording and reporting
- technology savvy
- the ability to identify process improvements through logistical planning.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What's in it for you?
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, creating an inclusive workplace culture, supporting the relationship between Māori and the Crown, and lifting our cultural capability. We encourage our people to bring their authentic self and unique perspectives to work, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Career development, secondment and training opportunities to help you realise your goals.
- Study assistance in programmes that are relevant to your work.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) and discounted medical insurance.
- Great discounts on DOC accommodation and outdoor apparel and gear so you're ready for your next adventure.
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Apply online via the DOC Careers Centre with a CV and cover letter that highlights your relevant skills experience and motivation for joining Te Papa Atawhai.
The salary range for this position is $62,535 to $79,906 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Applications close at 5 pm on Sunday, 26 March, 2023.
For further enquiries, contact Will Newbold at email@example.com
Job Reference: 2000/51005
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Category:||Transport & Logistics|
|Attachment:||Role Description- Logistics Support Officer.pdf (PDF, 157KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.