Business Support Officer at Department of Conservation, Whakatane
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Bring your administrative and coordination expertise to this exciting role.
- Align your passion for conservation with your day-to-day mahi.
- Permanent opportunity based in our Whakatane Regional Office.
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Department of Conservation Te Papa Atawhai we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
We are looking for an organised and motivated individual to join the Department of Conservation/ Te Papa Atawhai as our Business Support/Board Support officer. If you have a passion for providing quality administration support and feel connected to our united purpose Papatūānuku Thrives, we want to hear from you!
He angitūtanga | About the role
As our Business Support Officer, you will provide day-to-day support, working to a high level of professionalism and discretion. This role requires someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, can quickly adjust to different workflows and prioritise several tasks at any one time.
In this reactive, challenging and rewarding role, your responsibilities will include:
- administration support duties to the Whakatane, Opotiki and Murapara based staff
- fleet coordination and support
- payroll action and reporting for the various teams
- training documentation and reporting
- excellent customer service and communication skills to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
We are seeking a confident and organised individual with a sense of initiative to anticipate and resolve arising issues. We want to hear from you if you:
- are a confident office administrator and have advanced knowledge of Microsoft applications
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have the ability to deliver in a timely manner and maintain a high level of accuracy while dealing with conflicting demands
- are digitally savvy with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi (staff) to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- a supportive and collaborative work environment
- respect, recognition, and opportunities for personal growth
- excellent employee wellbeing initiatives including flexible working arrangements and the employee assistance program
- free access to DOC campsites, huts and tracks (including Great Walks) across Aotearoa, New Zealand.
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
The salary range for this position is $53,776 to $68,714 with the starting salary of the successful applicant being based on their relevant skills and experience.
Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday, 8 February, 2023.
For further enquiries, contact Alex Whittaker on email@example.com or 027 2037 365.
Job Reference: 3000/113600.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Business Support Officer - C Band.pdf (PDF, 470KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.