Personal Assistant at Department of Conservation, Christchurch
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Excellent opportunity to support the Director of Eastern South Island
- An integral and highly collaborative position
- Full time permanent role based in Christchurch with flexible ways of working
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
He angitūtanga | About the role
The key to success in this role will be your ability to partner with the Director and proactively manage the workload in a calm methodical way. You will need to be a smart, tech-savvy operator with strong prioritisation. Have interpersonal skills that come naturally with the capability to make connections across a wide range of people to ensure the Director is successful in their role. Key responsibilities include:
- providing administrative support including diary and email management, planning and event management, travel arrangements, recruitment support
- preparing documentation including presentations, task assignments, reports and briefings
- supporting taskforces, including taking minutes of meetings
- use initiative to proactively anticipate needs and support
- financial transaction support with basic knowledge of budget management
- develop and maintain effective, trusting working relationships with key stakeholders externally and internally within DOC
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
- experience in supporting a senior executive
- initiative and intuition
- knowledge/understanding of Government is helpful but not essential
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- highly effective planning and organisational skills
- high level expertise of Microsoft suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Understanding and role model Health Safety and Wellbeing policies, procedures
- Current full driving licence
- Good understanding of te reo is highly desirable
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options where applicable
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
Rā katinga | Applications close at 5 pm on Monday, 23 May 2022
Me he pātai anō | For further enquiries, contact Tennile Toulson, Senior Recruitment Advisor, at email@example.com
Taupānga| Job Reference: 400/08001
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – From 4 May 2022 our Vaccination Policy, requiring all employees to be vaccinated, has been suspended but may be reinstated in the future if the COVID-19 situation changes. Positions that are identified as high risk will still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Personal Assistant.pdf (PDF, 247KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.