Ranger Community at Department of Conservation, Whangarei
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Are you passionate about working with tangata whenua and the wider community?
- Do you know how to get others engaged and active in supporting conservation, restoration and kaitiakitanga?
- Do you have an eye for detail and are skilled in working through processes?
The Department of Conservation is seeking applicants for the position of Ranger, Community; Kaitiaki, Āo Hāpori.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to become part of a strong, tight knit and hardworking team. You will contribute towards growing conservation in the Whangārei District alongside our Treaty partners and the community.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the administration of permissions and Wildlife Act permits and coordination of local RMA processes
- Support whānau, hapū and iwi as treaty partners
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality engagement and education initiatives.
- Provide media and communications support
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a relevant tertiary qualification or experience in either statutory processing, ecology/environmental studies, or communications
- Have excellent attention to detail and ability to follow processes
- Be passionate about working with whānau, hapū and iwi and have respect for te ao Māori me ngā tikanga.
- Be able to create and maintain positive working relationships across a broad range of public and private sector businesses and groups.
What we can do for you:
- Allow flexible working arrangements including variation of hours and working from home
- Provide the opportunity to get hands on with our conservation efforts
- Actively engage and develop relationships with local hapū
- Deliver meaningful work supporting the conservation efforts in Aotearoa by being part of an organisation that is more than “just a job”, it is a passionate and fulfilling place to work.
A good understanding of tikanga Māori will be an advantage. Me paku matatau ngā kaitono ki te korero Māori.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – All employees are required to be vaccinated in line with our Vaccination Policy. New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory.
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter and CV.
For any queries, please contact Eloise Keefer on email@example.com or +6427 239 9623 quoting Vacancy 400/01461
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 26th January.
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||RD - Ranger, Community.pdf (PDF, 233KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.