Ranger Heritage and Visitors at Department of Conservation, Palmerston North
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Are you passionate about looking after our wonderful outdoor spaces and providing quality visitor experiences? We have a fantastic opportunity available in our Palmerston North based operations team to help us do just that!
He angitūtanga | About the Role
As a Ranger (Heritage and Visitor), you will contribute effectively to the work programme in the Manawatu District. The key focus will be project coordination, contract management and asset management.
You will be part of a team responsible for structures and huts within the Manawatu District. Therefore, you will be able to scope, understand and manage packages of work ensuring work is of high quality and delivered on time. You will need to have good literacy and numeracy as some financial management is required.
This position is mainly office based but you will have the opportunity to get out and about either completing relevant work that needs to be carried out or dealing with contractors.
He kōrero mōu | Key attributes we are looking for
- Project Coordination
- Carpentry/Construction/Practical Skills
- Have excellent Computer literacy Skills
- Contractor Management skills
- Good communication skills
- Class 1 or above license
- Experience working with other agencies like Iwi, Council/s etc.
- Ability to work remotely and spend time away. 3-5 Days a month.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we can do for you
Along with the chance to work for New Zealand's most attractive public sector employer, we also offer:
- Essential mahi to contribute to the maintenance of our natural environment
- Great opportunity to look after your backyard for the community and country to benefit, appreciate and enjoy.
- Excellent employee wellbeing initiatives including the employee assistance program and discounted insurance
- Numerous opportunities for personal growth
- Free accommodation in our backcountry huts and campsites as well as general accommodation discounts
- Job satisfaction from contributing to crucial and meaningful work
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online with a cover letter, CV.
For any queries, please contact Lilly Witcomb on email@example.com quoting vacancy 400/05342.
Applications close Monday the Thursday 7th July 2022.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – From 4 May 2022 our Vaccination Policy, requiring all employees to be vaccinated, has been suspended but may be reinstated in the future if the COVID-19 situation changes. Positions that are identified as high risk will still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Category:||Science and Environment|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Ranger Recreation and Historic .pdf (PDF, 253KB)
Applicant Information Sheet -Ranger Heritage Visitor Palmerston North.pdf (PDF, 840KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.