Social Media Advisor at Department of Conservation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
We are looking for a motivated, passionate, and innovative social media specialist to join us in DOC's Social Media Team based in Wellington.
He angitūtanga: About the Role
The Social Media Team at DOC have the enviable position to work on inspiring nature-based content alongside passionate conservationists who love what they do. You will help them share their stories and inspire people to connect, care and participate in protecting our unique and precious wildlife.
The team works across a range of exciting and high-profile programmes, which will see you develop engaging content, and use your data insights and reporting to inform the current and future social media approach for DOC. You will work on growing our engagement with the public using digital best practices and through innovative ideas.
This is an external focused role, with opportunity to support some critical programmes of work that will be part of the conservation legacy of Aotearoa.
You'll have the chance to work alongside some amazing colleagues who work in the field, including rangers, scientists, influencers and external stakeholders and help develop and share engaging social media stories through the appropriate social media channels.
This is a unique opportunity for someone coming from a broader generalist marketing or communications role, to hone their experience in a more specialised social media role.
In this role you will:
- Maintain and develop DOC's core social media communities and advise colleagues on social media engagement best practice
- Assist with the implementation of new social media approaches
- Create and manage campaigns using informative digital content and innovative design approaches
- Optimise and improve DOC's social media presence through informed data analytics and performance reporting
- Provide social media guidance, advice, and support to enable DOC staff to build their social media capabilities.
He kōrero mōu: What we are looking for
To be suitable for this role you will need:
- 2+ years' experience in a social media, digital, marketing or communication's specific role
- Proven experience in managing successful social media campaigns (paid and organic)
- Experience in community/multi-channel management
- Create great content that engages with a range of technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for conservation, the outdoors, and New Zealand's native species
- A progressive, innovative and creative thinker
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work with people at many levels, influencing skills and a customer service ethos.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We enable our people to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options
- Opportunity to develop and grow your skills within the group and wider organisation
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit you application online via the DOC Careers Centre with a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
Applications close at 5 pm on 5pm 14 August 2022.
For further enquiries, contact Emily Blokker firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +64 27 238 3249.
Job Reference: 50051302
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – From 4 May 2022 our Vaccination Policy, requiring all employees to be vaccinated, has been suspended but may be reinstated in the future if the COVID-19 situation changes. Positions that are identified as high risk will still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Category:||Communications, media, & marketing|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Social Media Advisor .pdf (PDF, 204KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.