Team Lead, Recruitment Advice at Department of Conservation, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Looking for a Leadership role with growth potential?
- Do you enjoy connecting with people across New Zealand?
- Join us in this fast paced role leading a team of Advisors
We have a permanent opportunity available for an experienced Recruitment Leader based in Wellington. You'll join our busy internal recruitment team based across the country - Hamilton, Tauranga, Wellington, New Plymouth, Christchurch and Invercargill.
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
He angitūtanga | About the role
This is a fun and hands on role managing the capacity, capability and culture of an awesome team of recruiters. Joining our Leadership Team, you will play a key role in the embedding and iteration of our centralised recruitment function moving into its second year. We need a confident and energetic leader who can bring strong subject matter expertise, strategic thinking and a continuous improvement mindset to DOC.
You will lead a team of Recruitment Advisors managing end to end recruitment, guiding leaders with strategy, sourcing and best practice advice. The role requires strategic business partnering and best practice leadership across a broad stakeholder group including operational, technical and corporate disciplines.
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will have a track record as a successful recruitment professional and leader, ideally in-house. Experience in senior level business partnering, recruitment strategy and running an efficient and high performing recruitment function. Experience leading multidisciplinary recruitment, planning and service delivery in large organisations would be a particular advantage. With proven experience leading in fast paced and high volume environments you will be innovative, decisive and willing to ask the hard questions.
- Proven experience in recruitment leadership, process improvement and innovation
- Confident managing reporting and analytics as well as forecasting and planning activities
- Passionate about recruitment and talent management you will bring thought leadership and expertise to support us in sourcing capability that aligns to our future strategy
- A passion for Te Papa Atawhai's Kaupapa is essential as well as understanding of Māori Tikanga and Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou | What we can do for you
- The opportunity to bring subject matter expertise, have impact and influence our new in-house function
- The challenge of delivering meaningfully on our diversity goals
- Knowing you are using your skills to make a positive difference to Aotearoa New Zealand every day.
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options where applicable
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Please include a covering letter that outlines your experience in:
- Recruitment Innovation and Delivery
- Team Leadership and managing performance and productivity
- A commitment to Diversity and Inclusion in recruitment practice
Applications close: 5pm Thursday 19th May 2022.
Further enquiries contact Erin Lawry, Recruitment Manager, 021669724.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement – From 4 May 2022 our Vaccination Policy, requiring all employees to be vaccinated, has been suspended but may be reinstated in the future if the COVID-19 situation changes. Positions that are identified as high risk will still have a requirement for appointees to be vaccinated. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing for these positions will be required and applicants will be notified during the recruitment process if this condition will apply.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Category:||Human resources, recruitment & training|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Team Lead, Recruitment Advice .pdf (PDF, 197KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.