Ranger Project Lead (Fixed-term) at Department of Conservation, Palmerston North
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Project and team leadership opportunity
- New full-time fixed-term contract from 1 Feb 2022 to 30 June 2023
- Based in Palmerston North with regular regional & overnight travel
Due to new investment, we are seeking an experienced builder to join our Lower North Island (LNI) Operations Group and manage the delivery of our visitor asset programme of work.
Upcoming projects span across the Chatham, Kapiti and Matiu/Somes Islands, track and bridge construction in the front country, to hut construction in the back country.
He angitūtanga | About the Role
As project lead you'll provide team leadership and technical oversite of project work plans to deliver approved heritage and visitor initiatives throughout the region, with a focus on timber structures and track maintenance. You'll oversee contracts for goods and services, operational budgets, risk management and progress reporting.
Based at our Palmerston North site workshop, you'll be willing to travel regularly and have the ability to be away from home for extended periods. Basic tools and onsite vehicles available.
He kōrero mōu | What we are looking for
- Extensive knowledge of the building code
- Strong track record of building to a high standard
- Contract management and budget reporting skills
- Ability to lead and mentor team members
- Strong stakeholder relationship skills to work effectively with diverse partners
- Current drivers' licence and the ability to travel/be away from home for extended periods
Knowledge of or willingness to engage in te ao Māori to deliver successfully in collaboration tangata whenua and other key partners is critical.
Submit your CV and cover letter (PDF) online that describes your interest in this role and that highlights your relevant skills and experience.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 19 January 2022.
For any enquiries, you can contact hiring manager Mike Christie via firstname.lastname@example.org or 027 245 6033.
COVID-19 Vaccination requirement: All employees are required to be vaccinated in line with our Vaccination Policy. New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencing employment.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Ranger Project Lead, Heritage and Visitors.pdf (PDF, 218KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.