Programme Manager 3 Waters at Department of Conservation, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Opportunity to be part of transformational change on a large scale
- High profile role within central government department as a supplier of three waters services
- Help enhance an essential part of our visitor experience to New Zealand
- 3 year fixed term
Toitū te marae a Tāne, toitū te marae a Tangaroa, toitū te tangata
If the land is well and the sea is well, the people will thrive
At Te Papa Atawhai, Department of Conservation we express our spirit of service and serve Aotearoa through our purpose, Papatūānuku Thrives. Our organisational strategy, Te Kaupapa a Te Papa Atawhai, puts nature and people at the heart of everything we do. It is anchored by te reo Māori and te ao Māori, recognising that Te Tiriti o Waitangi and our whānau, hapū and iwi are central to all our mahi.
He angitūtanga | About the role
We are looking for an experienced Programme Manager to lead and manage the 3 Waters Programme's efforts across the Department as part of our Operations Planning team in Wellington or Auckland. You will provide full programme management of the Programme to nationally lead this significant regulatory change programme to respond to the requirements of the new Water Services Act (2021). You will be responsible for establishing the Programme Team and developing the Programme Business Case to seek new investment to upgrade and future proof three waters assets and service delivery.
Your day will include but is not limited to:
- Engaging with a range of stakeholders both internally and externally to enable regulatory compliance of the Departments three waters assets management and operating practices
- Managing risk, and ensuring accurate and timely delivery of the Programme efforts, working in a complex environment of change
- Delivery of the Programme in accordance with the DOC Programme Management Methodology and Treasury's Better Business Case model
- Establishment, day to day management of the national Programme Team working in a matrix with internal technical and operational staff
- Provide leadership and manage the day to day requirements for the programme including but not limited to governance processes
If successful, you will be part of an experienced delivery team that has a strong focus of optimising resource use and achieving results
Ngā pūkenga me ngā wheako | Skills and experience
You will have a proven record of putting people first through providing decisive and inclusive leadership to your teams and the wider business. You will also have
- Experience with NZ Treasury's Better Business Case requirements
- Experiences in long term transformational change through Programme management including experience in managing high risk programmes.
- Technical skills, experience, and qualifications relevant to the Three Waters industry
- Change management experience
- Advanced planning skills, focused on delivering BAU with excellence
- Strong communication skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships at both client and direct report level
- Demonstrated capability in regard to financial and performance management
Mō mātou | About us
Te Papa Atawhai is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that represents the communities we serve, and to creating an inclusive workplace culture. Our Te Kaupapa behaviours of whakatīnanatia (we deliver), atawhaitia a Papatūānuku (we love nature), whakawhānaungatanga (we build relationships) and whakaauaha (we innovate) guide what we need to do for Papatūānuku to Thrive.
Ko ngā hua | What we offer
We take pride in enabling our kaimahi to bring their unique perspectives to mahi, in pursuit of our collective aspirations. Our commitment to well-being and professional development includes:
- Flexible working options where applicable
- Te Pukenga Atawhai – Cultural Capability Development Programme
- Active employee networks, Te Kāwai Aho Tapu - Māori Kaimahi Network, Rainbow Network
Tono ināianei | Apply now
Submit a tailored CV and cover letter highlighting your relevant skills, experience, and alignment to our Kaupapa.
Salary negotiable, commensurate with experience
Rā katinga | Applications close: Thursday, 18 August 2022
Me he pātai anō | Further enquiries contact Mike Tucker, email@example.com
Taupānga| Job Reference: 400/9300
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory – this includes holding a valid work visa that covers the whole period of employment.
Visit www.doc.govt.nz to find out more about a career with us.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||Department of Conservation|
|Attachment:||Role Description - Programme Manager (Operations Planning).pdf (PDF, 205KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.