Senior Education Advisor Pacific at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Advisor Pacific (Fixed Term, Full-Time)
- Fixed-term, full-time position
- Maungawhau office, Auckland
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
SE&S - Sector Enablement and Support
Our teams around the country work closely with the Early Childhood and Schooling sectors, providers, and communities to provide support, expertise and resources to help children and young people reach their full potential.
We also directly provide Learning Support for around 40,000 children and young people.
About this role
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Advisor Pacific to join our Auckland office. You will be work as part of a multi-disciplinary team developing and implementing initiatives that support the Auckland Pasifika Education work programme to lift student and family participation, engagement and achievement.
Among the skills you will bring are:
- Experience in developing and maintain strong professional relationships and effective networks across multi agencies, Pasifika communities and professional networks
- In-depth understanding of factors influencing education performance and student achievement
- In-depth understanding of factors influencing Pasifika community engagement and participation in education
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with participation and achievement data to determine needs and priorities and monitor
- The ability to contribute to Pacific Success across the Auckland region
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangatawhenuatanga
Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
There is more information in the position description attached, please take a look and if this opportunity sounds like you, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
For further information, please contact Nicole at email@example.com
Applications close on Sunday 7th March 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Attachment:||JD - Pasifika Senior Advisor.pdf (PDF, 518KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.