Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst
- Permanent & Wellington based
- Apply your expertise and help shape the future of Education
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people spanning across Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. This diverse group perspective allows us to collaborate and collectively strive to make Aotearoa's education system one that serves every individual child, young person and adult for generations to come. This core vision to shape a better New Zealand starts with our commitment as an organisation to ensure equity, inclusivity and acceptance.
We are entering a transition period which will see changes made to the structure of the organisation to allow for a more locally responsive, integrated and accessible system. It also supports our work to give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi where we seek to strengthen education for all ākonga and their whanau, especially for Māori, Pacific, and ākonga with disabilities/learning support needs.
About our group and team
Come and join our Customer Services team for a new and unique role! We are the ‘front door' to the IT Group and the Ministry, delivering customer services and training in a range of ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) systems and applications to the Ministry and wider education system.
Part of the Service Desk team within Customer Services, the role of Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Service Management professional to positively impact the wider organisation's success.
About this role
As the Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst, you will be responsible for the ownership, management and maintenance of IT asset information in the Ministry's configuration Management Database (CMDB).
In your role, you will operate in an autonomous manner while liaising with a wide range of stakeholders including Senior IT Managers. You will also direct users to follow processes to ensure that asset data is input accurately into the CMDB.
- Are you passionate about IT Service Management, IT Asset Management and Process Improvement?
- Are you a problem solver with excellent analytical skills and a keen eye for detail?
- This might be the role for you!
To be successful in this role, you will offer:
- Prior experience in IT Service Management and Asset Management using the ITIL framework
- Prior experience in Hardware and Software Asset coordination
- Prior experience in working with configuration management databases
- Excellent data analysis skills using Microsoft Excel
- Good understanding of the service desk function
- The ability to analyse complex issues and develop effective solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills: ability to develop advice, guidelines and user training materials.
- An approach to work that shows adaptability, enthusiasm, and support towards tasks and colleagues, with a dynamic approach to a variety of prioritised responsibilities.
- The ability to work well with multiple teams and to establish strong relationships among a wide range of stakeholders
- The ability to demonstrate your motivations to work in an environment that is committed to benefit our education system. This includes embracing our unique and diverse society which welcomes different abilities, religious beliefs, ethnic groups, income levels and ideas about teaching and learning.
- The ability to understand and develop your understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi which is a critical starting point in inclusive education in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Are you ready to make a difference?
We are an organisation that values our staff. We offer:
- Stimulating, open working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported
- The opportunity for personal development and growth
Diversity of all kinds is extremely important, and so at MoE we embrace a diversity of perspectives. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Sounds like you?
Then we would like to hear from you. Apply now using the 'apply online' button.
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 8th August
Please note that we will be reviewing applications during this time and if an ideal candidate is found, we will move forward with screening and interviewing sooner. We also reserve the right to close this advert early if a successful candidate is found during that time.
For further information, please contact Adeline Le Bris at IT.Recruitment@education.govt.nz
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Category:||IT & computing|
|Attachment:||Job Description _2021 Senior Configuration and Asset Management Analyst FINAL.pdf (PDF, 245KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.