Test Analysts and Senior Test Analysts at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Test Analysts and Senior Test Analysts
- Wellington (residents outside of Wellington may be considered)
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga, we work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people spanning across Aotearoa, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. This diverse group perspective allows us to collaborate and collectively strive to make Aotearoa's education system one that serves every individual child, young person and adult for generations to come. This core vision to shape a better New Zealand starts with our commitment as an organisation to ensure equity, inclusivity and acceptance.
About our group and team
As a Test Analyst or Senior Test Analyst, you will join the Ministry's Testing Services team, which forms part of a much wider Infrastructure and Digital Capability Team. This is a dynamic team responsible for delivering functional and non-functional testing for everything from maintenance and enhancements to defect fixes and large-scale projects.
About this role
Based in Wellington, (but not limited to), this role is a permanent vacancy and an exciting opportunity for a talented Test Analyst or Senior Test Analyst with experience (or exposure to testing) across all phases of the software testing lifecycle. This includes test planning, test design and preparation, test execution, test reporting as well as any close out activities.
- Are you an experienced Test Analyst or someone early in your career with some exposure to testing or an experienced Senior Test Analyst looking to join a supportive team?
- Do you have great SQL skills or are willing to develop these skills?
- Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young New Zealanders?
Then we would like to hear from you!
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Prior exposure or experience as a Test Analyst or in-depth knowledge and experience as a Senior Test Analyst
- Experience with agile delivery methodologies (Scrum and Kanban etc) and Waterfall
- Skilled in executing system and system integration tests as well as proficient in regression testing.
- Good knowledge of testing tools and the ability to write acceptance tests from user stories and desire to extend your expertise in other areas of testing.
- SQL querying skills
- Prior experience with automation would be an advantage
- Experience or awareness of data migration testing practices and tools
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written particularly business writing and reporting, ensuring your communication is always clear and concise.
- Be an excellent team player who is inclusive, collaborative and supportive
- The ability to demonstrate your motivations to work in an environment that is committed to benefitting our education system. This includes embracing our unique and diverse society which welcomes different abilities, religious beliefs, ethnic groups, income levels and ideas about teaching and learning
Are you ready to make a difference?
We are an organisation that values our staff.
We offer the following:
- Stimulating, open working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported
- Flexible working to help you achieve work/life balance
- The opportunity for personal development and growth
Diversity of all kinds is extremely important, and so at MoE we embrace a diversity of perspectives. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Does this sound like you?
Please review the Job Description(s) and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, including eligibility to work in New Zealand, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
We currently have 5 roles available and will be interviewing and appointing for these roles as applications come through. This job listing will close on 10 December 2021, or once all the positions are filled.”
For further information, please contact Averil Paton, Testing Services Team Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Test Analyst, Te Puna Hanganga.pdf (PDF, 269KB)
JD - Senior Test Analyst, Te Puna Hanganga Matihiko.pdf (PDF, 281KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.