Director - Curriculum Delivery Services at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent role
- Based in Wellington
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 4,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Poutāhū | Curriculum Centre aims to be a leader across the education sector both in curriculum and assessment, and in the way we work, harnessing and valuing the diverse perspectives and skills of our staff and the sector and we will need to try new things to deliver on this. The Director will lead teams that bridge the gap between national curriculum assessment design and the delivery of curriculum, teaching and assessment within schools and early learning centres.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The purpose of the Director - Curriculum Delivery Services is to work with the Associate Deputy Secretary - Curriculum, Pathways & Progress and the Director - Curriculum Design, to ensure there is an end to end focus on curriculum design and implementation/delivery. The role will support the Associate Deputy Secretary with the delivery of initiatives across the Curriculum, Pathways & Progress group.
The Director will provide strategic leadership to the combined delivery teams; Sector Capability, Change & Implementation, Curriculum Leadership and Curriculum Publishing Channels. The role will build and support a service delivery model that provides credible and responsive professional support and services through a range of mechanisms including in person and online channels.
This role is responsible for ‘running' the business with your team of highly effective Senior Managers and passionate people. You will:
- Contribute to organisation leadership of The New Zealand Curriculum and build our capability to partner effectively with others.
- Work in a way that harnesses the different perspectives and skills of our workforce to deliver within a positive work environment.
- Embed knowledge of Te Titiri o Waitangi and continue evolving engagement practices that enable effective partnerships in local curriculum support.
- Strong relationships and networks that will ensure diverse voices are heard and included.
- Build and maintain a high quality and consistent best practise approach to service design and delivery for education leaders, teachers, ākonga and their whanau.
Mōhou ake | About you
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and motivate effective teams within a complex environment.
- Have strong intellect and strategic mindset and experience, including delivery of long term goals.
- Be able to join the dots, working with others to make connections utilising networks.
- Have experience in leading service delivery in a complex sector (an understanding of the education sector could be advantageous but is not essential).
- Have a relentless focus on getting the job done and deliver at pace.
- Be experienced in managing operational aspects including finance, contract, people and risk management.
- Have outstanding relationship management skills including the ability to challenge the status quo and create change.
- Have commitment to developing your cultural capability and capacity in Te Ao Māori.
You will also offer:
- The ability to understand and apply the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and tangata whenuatanga.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
Applications close midnight - Sunday, 30 January 2022.
Please note that some roles at Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education are subject to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for the successful applicant/s to be offered these roles, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Director - Curriculum Delivery Services.pdf (PDF, 284KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.