Senior Adviser ECE Regulations and Planning at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Adviser - Early Childhood Education
Compliance Assurance & Practice
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga - Ministry of Education, we shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. While we work in different groups and on different things, we strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
In the Early Childhood Education Group, we really care about New Zealand's youngest learners. We are looking for someone who shares our passion.
Our focus is to empower the early learning sector to meet standards, drive continuous improvement and accountability. We do this through a mix of:
- advice and guidance
- support to regional staff
- clarifying interpretations and determine impacts on new legislation
- translating policy into practice.
Do you want to make a difference?
This role sits with the Early Childhood Regulations and Planning team. A lot of what we do involves compliance assurance in partnership with our regional Education Advisers. We are the first port of call for regulatory issues and assist or lead large assurance investigations.
We have great people who bring enthusiasm, energy and intellectual curiosity. We work in a fast-paced environment. That's code for, there's always a lot to do! So, you will also be good at planning, prioritising and juggling.
Among the skills you will bring:
- Regulatory & compliance experience - you don't need to be an expert in early childhood regulations, but you do need a deep understanding of good regulatory practice - compliance frameworks
- Critical thinking - we want someone who can solve complex problems
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Relationship management - Ability to connect with others, preferably some experience working non-government organisations and Māori organisations
- Ability to get stuff done, demonstrate judgement, consult and seek advice where necessary
As a team we are committed to a safe and inclusive work environment. As a team we are growing our understanding of te ao Māori, Te Tiriti o Waitangi, tikanga and kawa. The ability to speak te reo Māori and competence in working with Māori whānau, hapū, iwi and/or Pacific communities is highly valued.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and those with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
There is more information in the position description attached.
For more information please contact Colin Meehan, Manager, ECE Regulations and Planning, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight on 15 December 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Senior Advisor - JD.pdf (PDF, 307KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.