Team Administrator at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Team Administrator - Transition Team
- Varied role providing support to the Transition team
- Fixed term, Full-time
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person, and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
The Transition Team within Te Tari o te Tumu Whakarae mō te Mātuaranga - the Office of the Secretary for Education, has been established as part of the new organisation structure that was launched on 4 October. The team's is accountable for ensuring the broad strategic direction and implementing the decisions and the intent of Te Tāhuhu. The Transition Team has a role to work closely with Te Mahau and the wider Te Tāhuhu groups and act as a dedicated point of focus that retains the connection to the intent of the design and champions these while also supporting the Secretary and Te Ohu Poutoko as they consider the strategic priorities across the whole business agenda.
To undertake this role effectively the Transition Team will coordinate and have oversight of the work programme that gives effect to the ongoing change programme and ensure that it is focussed and connected, to maintain momentum.
This group will also be responsible for ensuring the intent of the change is maintained across Te Tāhuhu and will work closely with Deputy Secretaries on responsibilities for delivery of initiatives within the change programme as well as managing the delivery of aspects of the work programme.
To support this, the Transition Team will develop and provide visibility of the overall plan for delivery of initiatives that sit across business groups as well as managing the commissioning of work to achieve the outcomes of the plan.
The Team is led by the Transition Director who reports directly to the Secretary for Education.
Mō ēnei tūranga | About these roles
The Team Administrator role is responsible for providing all the necessary administrative support and assistance required by the Transition Team. This includes, for example, coordination of programme related meetings, preparation of meeting materials, coordination of programme reporting, documenting, and maintaining programme processes and procedures, maintaining plans and other key programme documents and reports.
- Co-ordinate and administrate the Programme Management Office and ensure a well-run office where everyone is clear about work expectations, timeframes and documentation/reporting requirements to service a number of key meetings.
- Work with the Transition Director to maintain a comprehensive programme plan, ensuring visibility of information.
- Establish and implement the programme coordination, ensuring work streams leads understand what information is required in reporting.
- Prepare agenda with support from the Transition Manager and supporting meeting packs to ensure everyone has the necessary information in a timely manner. Establish the support of meeting papers via technology and hard copy as necessary.
- Maintain a calendar and set major programme meetings and reporting schedules.
- Coordinate a range of meetings and workshops to support the programme outcomes.
- Coordinating and collating the required programme status and progress reports to report on the progress of the programme at regular intervals to relevant governance/oversight groups.
- Maintain programme documentation, creating and using document templates and centralized filing of all relevant documents.
- Provide general programme support to the wider Programme Team.
- Ensure the delivery of support activities including;
- Undertake general administrative work required by the programme.
- Attend key meetings, including team meetings, risk management meetings and any other programme or project meetings and take minutes/notes as required.
- Prepare and distribute papers and agendas for programme or project meetings.
Mōhou ake | About you
Your knowledge, skills, and experience
Exercise the following knowledge, skills and experience while giving effect to the articles of te Tiriti o Waitangi:
- Relevant formal project and programme management experience gained by of working in a large and complex change programme.
- Strong track record of using project management methodologies and organisational processes in achieving efficient outcomes.
- Experience working with senior leadership teams, executive teams, governance boards and external consultancy.
- Good working knowledge of programme management.
- Manages conflict professionally and does not take situations personally.
- Effective team building skills.
- Communicates effectively with an ability to listen, then act.
- Relationship building and maintenance
- The ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams
- The ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment where there will be workload peaks around support to Board meetings.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds, including Māori, Pacific and people with disabilities, who will enrich our understanding of the education system.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
Please note that some roles at Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education are subject to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for the successful applicant/s to be offered these roles, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
For further information, please contact Nadia Fairhall at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at midnight on 28th November 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Fixed term full-time|
|Attachment:||Job description_Team Administrator .pdf (PDF, 266KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.