PB4L Coordinator at NZ Ministry of Education, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) Co-ordinator
- Permanent part-tine position (0.6FTE)
- Key role in delivering the Positive Behaviour for Learning programmes across our region
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
You'll be joining a small, high-performing team with a culture of constructive open-minded debate and working together to make an impact. It's a great developmental pathway as you gain political nous and systems thinking. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Positive Behaviour for Learning (PB4L) Coordinator supports the programme in their regions by:
- having an in-depth understanding of the goals and intention of the regional PB4L plans,
- providing project coordination support including developing and monitor contracts with NGOs, overseeing collection and reporting on PB4L data
- providing administrative support to the PB4L team.
- organising the Incredible Years programmes in their region, liaising with external providers and supporting external providers to deliver courses.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will have:
- Financial monitoring / management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of judgement, objectivity and integrity
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Fluency with the Microsoft Office suite of programmes
You will also offer:
- Flexiblity and agility
- Great interpersonal skills
- A calm and approachable manner
This role offers the opportunity for flexible days and hours of work to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
• about you, your values, your whakapapa
• your interest and motivations for this role
• the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for a successful applicant to be offered this role, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
For further information, please contact Linda Collins at email@example.com
Applications close Midnight - Friday 17 December 2021
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent part-time|
|Attachment:||PB4L Regional Coordinator JD.pdf (PDF, 279KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.