Senior Adviser - Maori Medium Education at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Senior Adviser - Māori Medium Education
Te Mahau | Te Tai Runga
Wellington Region - Based in Lower Hutt Office
Permanent full time
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Do you have a passion for improving educational achievement for all students/children, particularly for Māori? If you're someone enthusiastic and committed to creating successful educational pathways and building collaborative relationships, this could be the role for you.
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education as we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
About this role
This role will give you the opportunity to work directly with Boards of Trustees, senior leaders and Communities of Learning. The role will have a particular focus on schools with high Māori rolls including kura kaupapa Māori, kura ā iwi and dual medium settings. You will be working as part of the Ministry's regional team, using evidence and data on student achievement to work with schools and kura to strengthen educational performance.
We are looking for a person who has:
- Understanding of Te reo Māori me ona tikanga with a level of fluency that enables you to communicate effectively when required at a level acceptable to the audience
- An understanding of factors influencing achievement and participation for Māori students with currency in curriculum delivery, Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, and experience in Māori medium
- Successful experience of working with Māori students and communities
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities
- An ability to develop strong working relationships both within and outside the Ministry to support and implement change initiatives
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, Tau Mai Te Reo, the Action Plan for Pacific Education 2020- 2030 and how these documents impact on the work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
To be offered this role, successful applicant/s will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption and provide evidence of their vaccination status.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button. You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Des James on 04 463 2845.
Applications close on Wednesday 8 December 2021.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Education Advisor JD SA.pdf (PDF, 320KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.