Infrastructure Analyst - Asset Management at NZ Ministry of Education, Auckland
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent - Full-time
- A role focused on school property asset performance and investment
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
We help shape the policies, settings and performance of the education system for early learning, schooling and tertiary. We do this by building relationships and understanding the needs of those who receive our services.
We are making significant changes to how we deliver our mahi by:
- Taking practical action to give effect to te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Giving priority to regional and local voice.
- Delivering greater responsiveness, accessibility and integrated services and support.
- Improving feedback loops and information flows.
Our organisation is made up of talented and committed people across Aotearoa from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures. While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
Te Puna Hanganga, Matihiko | Infrastructure & Digital - Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, leads inclusive, accessible and integrated national, digital and physical infrastructure and transport services to the education system.
Our vision for school property is that all schools have quality learning environments as part of a well-managed and sustainable portfolio that helps deliver equitable and excellent outcomes for every child.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager - Asset Planning, you will be responsible for analysing, assessing and monitoring the delivery of school property projects, property asset management data and other educational trends and changes impacting on the planning and provision of property at all levels of the education network.
Your key accountabilities will include to:
- Contribute to the property planning, performance and delivery of school property
- Provide robust data, analysis and interpretation to enable informed property investment decisions
- Present results and advise to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Please note there is further information available in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will have a relevant professional property qualification such as Asset Management, Infrastructure Planning, Property or Project Management and/or experience in the asset management, property management or construction industry.
You will also offer:
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to analyse data to determine key facts, trends and issues, and present robust analysis and conclusions
- Ability to translate information and analysis into outputs which are readily interpreted by operationally-focused and non-technical people
- Strong report writing ability, and the ability to write clearly and persuasively for a range of audiences
- Enjoy working with people and builds strong relationships easily and collaborates effectively.
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector.
We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported. So, if working from home and/or having a flexible start and finish to the day will help with this, we can usually make it happen. We'd love to hear what this might look like for you, so feel free to outline this in your Cover Letter.
In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order 2021.
To be offered this role, successful applicant/s will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption and provide evidence of their vaccination status.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
Applications close midnight - Wednesday 26 January 2022.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||JD - Infrastructure Analyst - Asset Planning - Jan 2022.pdf (PDF, 260KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.