Lead Adviser at NZ Ministry of Education, Wellington
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
Help shape the future of Education
He mea tārai e mātou te mātauranga kia rangatira ai, kia mana taurite ai ōna huanga
We work to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes
At Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education, we work to provide services and support nationally, regionally and locally to the education sector, and in some cases, directly to ākonga and whānau.
About our group and team
The purpose and goal of Te Uepū Reo Māori is to ensure that all learners aged 0-18 who commit to learning in and of the Māori language have access to quality provision and learning experiences. The group is responsible for setting the strategic direction to ensure the growth of te reo Māori, the Māori medium pathway and those learning the language.
It is through this learning journey that Māori language learners can access the Māori world and understand their role in it.
Mō tēnei tūranga | About this role
The Lead Adviser leads the development of substantial and / or complex initiatives for all 0 - 18-year-olds learning Te Reo Māori and / or learning in kura and Māori medium settings. They ensure a deliberate focus on student achievement is maintained by providing thought leadership and guidance. They lead the design of rich and responsive initiatives that focus on strengthening capability of teachers which helps learners develop the competencies they need for study, work and life-long learning. They ensure best practice pedagogy is used to inform initiative design, development, delivery, and measurement.
Please note there is further information in the attached Job Description.
Mōhou ake | About you
You will offer:
- a range of lenses and stakeholder perspectives; and can move between the detail and a bigger-picture perspective
- suggestions and alternative perspectives on issues within their area of expertise
- the ability to align the work with strategic objectives and the organisation's vision
- to chart a clear direction for the team
- the ability to engage others in initiatives
- the ability to tailor messages so that they resonate with a range of different audiences
- to lead process improvements which achieve gains in effectiveness and efficiency
- encouragement to team members to identify and seize opportunities to enhance business performance
Kua rite koe mō tēnei mahi? | Are you ready to make a difference?
We need to reflect the diverse communities we serve, so we welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations, and identities. As an organisation, we are committed to building racial equity and excellence in the education sector. We want to provide flexible working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your cover letter and resume by using the ‘apply' button. In your cover letter we'd like to know:
- about you, your values, your whakapapa
- your interest and motivations for this role
- the abilities, strengths, personal attributes and diverse perspectives you will bring to the role and this organisation.
For further information, please contact Moe Sa'u at email@example.com.
Applications close on Sunday 30 January 2022.
Please note that some roles at Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education are subject to the requirements of the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
In order for the successful applicant/s to be offered these roles, they will need to comply with the requirement to be vaccinated and agree to provide information and evidence regarding their vaccination status.
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Job Description - Lead Adviser Te Uepu Reo Maori (1).pdf (PDF, 256KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.