Manager Education at NZ Ministry of Education, Waikato
Mō tēnei tūranga mahi | About this role
- Permanent Full-time role
Kia ora, Bula Vinaka, Fakaalofa lahi atu, Fakatalofa atu, Kia orana, Malo e lelei, Malo ni, Talofa lava, Tena koutou katoa and welcome.
Help shape the future of Education
At the Ministry of Education, we work together to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. This is an exciting time of change which requires us to be more sector facing and responsive to the needs of our stakeholders.
Our organisation is made up of more than 3,000 talented and committed people around New Zealand, from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
While we work in different groups and on different things, we all strive every day to make the biggest difference we can for every child, young person and adult student in our education system.
About our group and team
Te Mahau | Te Tai Whenua (Central)
Our teams around the country work closely with ngā kohanga reo, early learning, schools and kura, providers, and communities to provide support, expertise and resources to help children and young people reach their full potential.
About this role
As a Manager Education, based in the Waikato regional office, you will play a critical role in our region's Leadership team by:
- Leading the delivery of core Ministry services to early learning providers, schools and their communities.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Education Advisors to develop and deliver responsive services to early learning providers and schools.
- Working with the Learning Support teams to support and lift educational achievement of all young people.
- Work collaboratively with other Managers
- Regional planning and integrating work programmes
- Developing influential local connections and networks with iwi, communities and whānau to achieve priority outcomes for the region.
- Enabling and supporting the Ministry's commitment to Ka Hikitia.
To be successful you will have:
- Educational sector experience
- Experience of leading and motivating teams
- Experience working with diverse communities
- Ability to think strategically and understand the wider educational landscape.
- Understanding of best practice service delivery in the public sector
- Give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry
- Proven experience of building effective stakeholder engagement
- Proven ability to understand policy intent at an abstract level, identify the implications for operational policy and implementation
- Ability to quickly identify and mitigate risks and manage strategic linkages with internal and external initiatives
- Outcome-focused style of working
- Great organisation and communication skills and ability to build effective relationships within the office
Are you ready to make a difference!
We are an organisation that values our staff; we offer...
- Stimulating, open working environments where everyone feels relevant, valued and supported.
- Flexible working to help achieve work/life balance
- Opportunities for personal development and growth
If you'd like to bring your experience and skills to this rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Diversity of all kinds is extremely important, and so at the Ministry we embrace a diversity of perspectives. We welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, orientations and identities.
As a government agency, the Ministry is committed to keeping to the Treaty of Waitangi's guiding principles in our work for and with Māori students, their whānau, hapū and iwi.
Please note that this role is affected by the COVID-19 Public Health (Vaccinations) Order.
To be offered this role, successful applicant/s will need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a medical exemption and provide evidence of their vaccination status.
Please review the Job Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information, please contact Marcus Freke, Director of Education, Waikato at: Marcus.email@example.com
Applications close: 31 January 2022
Ngā taipitopito tūranga mahi | Job details
|Employer:||NZ Ministry of Education|
|Position type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachment:||Manager Education JD.pdf (PDF, 547KB)
Note: You may be redirected to the employer's careers website.